Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't you find any new Ruger Redhawk shotguns

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,844 Posts
If you mean Ruger Red Label shotguns it's because they are no longer in production. Lots of good used ones out there if you look.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
The Redhawk is a double action revolver!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The new Ruger Red Labels are prone to problems mine is in the shop now for firing both barrels at the same time, but they do have great customer service. I should see it back within 2 weeks. I will IMG_0329.jpg keep posting on their progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,892 Posts
Ruger’s attempts at making shotguns have been “spotty” to put it politely. Both the red and gold labels were not particularly well regarded by the double-gun community when it came to reliability and fit / finish.

I’ve often been surprised a company as good as Ruger couldn’t make a go out of the shotgun business. It doesn’t have to be a double gun. Benelli proved a few years ago with the Nova that there’s always room for a little more competition in there with Remington and Mossberg. And Fabarm recently proved with the L4S that, in the autoloader niche, there is still room for great innovations and improvement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The new Ruger Red Labels are prone to problems mine is in the shop now for firing both barrels at the same time, but they do have great customer service. I should see it back within 2 weeks. I will View attachment 126503 keep posting on their progress.

Mine is back in fine working order, very fast turnaround.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My son and I have Ruger Red Labels in 20 ga. in 28" and 30" barrels, both of which were manufactured in the late 80's, and which have gone through thousands of rounds and so far the only problem we have ever experienced is a broken ejector on mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts