Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the forum concludes a January gun show is going to be worse than Black Friday at Wal Mart, I'm staying home. I'm the kind of person that takes his time looking through every booth just in case I see the part or obscure accessory I've desired and can't find.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Based on my experience, I feel pretty safe in saying that any gun show coming up [especially the ones taking place at the larger venues] will be completely swamped. Expect double the normal attendance at any show, minimum. The hoplophobes and their sycophants in the media & entertainment industries have seized the moment, and fully intend to punish the law-abiding for the sins of the lawless. My suggestion, if you really want to go: Suck it up, and get there very early so you can get a good spot in line at the door. Get what you can, while you can.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I'm planning to stay clear. I have what I need and I have found that you don't get any real deals at gun shows. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I'm planning to stay clear. I have what I need and I have found that you don't get any real deals at gun shows. That's just my opinion.
I respectfully disagree...I've managed to get some fantastic deals at gun shows in the past. Admittedly, though, it's not been too often.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I will not! No desire to deal with the circus of idiots clamoring for black stuff. I'll have my eyes there, but I won't be. ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is one 20 miles from me today... It opened yesterday. According to a local forum the lines are crazy, the ammo is either already gone or WAY overpriced and some are gouging and some are not. I'm not going.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Depends on which side of the table you happen to be, so to speak.

If you happen to have a proposed "ban gun" or accessories/ammo for one and you're actually willing to sell, folks will be lining up to talk to you. If your tastes run more to sporting guns, you'll still find some good buys since some folks are wanting to liquidate this stuff to grab proposed banned guns while they can. For darn sure, you better be prepared for some crowds.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I quit going to gun shows two years ago. I have no interest in older guns, so for me they are just overpriced on guns and ammo, and poor selection in the "accessories".

With free admission, I'd likely go, but I'm not paying to get into a place where I'll likely just get disappointed or ripped off.

I do better with LGS or online for my needs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I plan to stay away from them for awhile. A friend talked about driving three hours to one, hoping to find another AR. I think i talked some sense into him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is kinda off subject, but how do yall get those little icons in your signature that tells what guns you have?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't think I've ever been to a gun show that wasn't crowded. They have 4 large shows a year in Boise and a handful of smaller shows in the outlying communities. Sometimes the smaller gun shows are better than the bigger ones.

I use to go to every gun show in the area, now I'm down to one or two a year. I still think they are fun to attend, I just don't go as often.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just came back from a gun show today in Louisville, Ky. It was more crowded than any I've seen yet. I too like to try to look at everything always looking for something interesting. I usually make a second pass but not today. One could barely move. As I left about midday, there was still a line of people trying to get in. I did find a good price on a 357 LCR with crimson trace grips. I bought it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We had one the day after the Conn. shooting... Swamped with people... I didn't see any price gouging. I don't think I'll be going to the next one...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I can't think of anything I need, (Lord knows there's a ton of stuff I want :D), but I would still like to go to a gun show just to have the opportunity to actually see and touch these new market items and other miscellaneous accessories that I look at on-line, in magazines and hear about.This way I can kind of satisfy my cravings for stuff and determine then if it's something I really need to persue to purchase.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Last week, I tried waiting in line early. Decided to go have breakfast instead. Came back an hour or two later and the line was gone and the crowd was manageable. I missed out on some items that sold immediately, but I also enjoyed walking around, looking at things so I was happy with that. I'm fascinated with everything going on right now, the price increases, the availability of some items and not others, and how people are reacting to it all. Just taking it all in.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Been to 1 in my lifetime. That was enough. If I ever did decide to go to another, it sure wouldn't be in this frenzy.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It should made for some good people watching. But as far as trying to purchase anything, forget about it. The prices will be so inflated and the people of the cround will probably be borderline insane.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Sounds like a good place to avoid..... ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
The last gun show that I went to was in Raleigh, NC, at the state Fairgrounds, a few weeks ago.

It was PACKED. Elbow to elbow. I couldn't even see half of the products there, because of the crowd.

I felt like a sardine, trying to get out of the can...

There MAY have been some bargains to be had.... I just couldn't find them because of the hoard of people.

The good news is that I didn't spend much. :)

Other than the entry fee, I spent a total of $8.

Duane

1 - 20 of 33 Posts