Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all ! I'm contemplating on buying the Ruger Charger Model 4920. Just was wondering if it's a good choice? Or is it being pretty not enough reason to purchase one? (That last part was a joke, son! But it is kinda pretty though)ha ha ha)

·
Exchequer
4,481 Posts
Can't really weigh in on the Charger, but others here who do have one will certainly have opinions to share.

Wondering, though, if there's a particular reason you're interested in it - other than it being a pretty firearm.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I hear they're an accurate firearm for it's size. It has a lot of features going for it such as magazines and aftermarket support.

·
Registered
228 Posts
good luck on getting a 4920 - i've been waiting since last November... that is, unless my dealer is @#%@#%! up...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
113 Posts
Being pretty is more than reason enough to purchase a Charger. There is plenty of aftermarket support for the Charger as it is a 10/22 at heart, the takedown model perhaps has fewer barrel choices than the standard model. I absolutely love my Charger and would always recommend the purchase of one.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
YES! Very fun to shoot and yes, accurate. I can almost guarantee you will be surprised how much fun it is to shoot. Can’t wait for the weather to warm up and let the grandkids try it out on some pop cans and potatoes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't really weigh in on the Charger, but others here who do have one will certainly have opinions to share.

Wondering, though, if there's a particular reason you're interested in it - other than it being a pretty firearm.
I take a shine to unusual pistols. My last pistol I bought and ended up giving to our grandson for his 12th Birthday was the Rossi 45 cal Ranch hand Mares Leg. A fine little pistol and what he used to shoot his 1st deer with a couple years ago. I like the look of the Charger, but haven't heard whether or not it's a good choice for a target plinker. My late husband bought a Ruger Mark IV but it was recalled and he passed away before taking it a part for me to send in to repair, so I gave all the recall info to a friend and sold it to him. Now I'm wanting to buy a couple new replacement pistols. I like that the Charger is also very easy to break down and clean too like the Mark IV was. This will be to replace the Mark IV and I'm still looking for another choice to replace my 45 caliber. Haven't really shopped around yet to replace the 45. But I'm open to any suggestions if you have any?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for helping me decide whether or not it's a good idea to buy myself a Charger, guys! I was hoping I made a good choice. Now to put my name on what I'm sure is a long waiting list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Brute! I've checked on my 4920 I was wanting only to find out the Ruger quit making them! WTF? I don't know why something that is selling so well would be discontinued like that? So now I'm scouring the internet to try and find a good used one. Although I'm a bit skeptical about buying one this way? But if I am diligent and research the seller well enough, it should workout fine. But thanks for the picture, Brute! Oh, I also like the table it's setting on too. I'm a sucker for cool stuff like that. Most of my stuff has dead animals all over it! Ha ha ha! Once a Hillbilly, always a Hillbilly! :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 4920 is a TALO exclusive but it's still showing on Ruger's website (?). I'm sure you've looked but Lipsey's web site can sometimes give more info.

Add: Low and behold, not listed on Lipsey's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The 4920 is a TALO exclusive but it's still showing on Ruger's website (?). I'm sure you've looked but Lipsey's web site can sometimes give more info.

Add: Low and behold, not listed on Lipsey's.
Any pic of what she is looking for, I would like to know.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Charger is just a fun gun to shoot and pretty accurate. It takes care of the woodchucks and nasty raccoons real well too!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Buds has the 4920 in stock, looks nice with that laminate stock. I'd say if you been looking for one and been wanting one, it's up to you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts