Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get pic's of the Ruger P97 I just got I will post them as well.
Glock g17

S&W 642

S&W 66 2.5 inch

S&W 66 4 inch

Glock g26

S&W 439-2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Fine herd of guns! Tell me about the 439-looks like the old 39---tell me about that fixed blade neck knife---like it some fine....looks like a couple of Columbia Rivers??? Nothing like a well-armed cop......I carry two Speed Strips on my belt all day-two in my pocket, two HKS on top of them and five in my 649...and so far din't need none ob dem! But one fine day it may be worth all the trouble.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife say's we are two peas in a pod. The S&W 439-2 is an aluminum frame with a blued slide 9mm, made in 1989, seven round mags. The fixed blade knife is a cheapy Timberline Mini Pit Bull. The knife with the 66 2.5 inch S&W is a Columbia River M-16, the knife with the S&W 642 is a Colt Cobra, and the knife with the S&W 66 4 inch is a Kershaw.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
the 439-2 is just a new designation for the old 39-2, I guess-your sights are aftermarket? I'd like to find that Timberline website---My first two .357s were a 19-2 1/2" factory nickel and 4" the same--red ramp white outline wide trigger and hammer-top of the line then-then they issued us M66 4"----seems so long ago...haven't owned a rev. with adj. sights in years-the way I shoot iron sights are just as good and much more comfy on my belly roll...those two 66s will still be rollin' em out 100 years from now...good guns...your wife may be right...my old backup was a M60 Chief w/bobbed hammer-my little one now is the 649 Bodyguard-there's just a few more pounds of body to be guarded!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Your the man with them fine looking Smiths. I have had several 66's over the years. Sure wish I could fine a 21/2" model now that I could afford. Good luck with them all Heavy J.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Nice guns! Those Smiths bring back memories of ones I should have kept.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Heavy J, nice guns you have there. Love the looks of the 439. I'm anothe Smith fan. My wife claims my 6" 66 S&W and keeps in in her night drawer(but I do sneak it out and shoot it some). Here's a pair of well worn, kinda dinged up when I got them but still tight older ones. They both still shoot better than I can hold 'em. Model 17 K22 circa 1959 and a model 10 made in 1969.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Love those old Smiths-back then, the action right out of the box matched some peoples' "trigger jobs" these days---lots of history there...wish we knew it all....

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by white dog

Specially love those model 10s, simple, smooth and crisp.
Me too - that was my first centerfire handgun.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Rman, I bought one back in the early seventiesand the fixed sights shot a little to the right and a little high but when you compensated for it, right on. First gun I reloaded for. My brother talked me out of it and I really missed it so when I found one of those Hong Kong Police model 10s I bought the only one that looked brand new and I'm going to keep that one.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
White dog, my first one was a little off on the sights too. It also was my first reloading project. I had an old Lyman 310 tong tool and an Ohaus scales. It was a lot of work, the loads weren't pretty, but they actually didn't shoot too bad. The action on that thing was smooth as glass.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Right on Rman about being smooth. I used to hold it up to my ear when it was empty and cock just to hear the nice crisp clicking of the action.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Memories there....many, many nights with a 4" model 10 and sometimes an 870 as well...and felt very well prepared fer' 'bout anything!

Luv my old "10"...still got it ( sorta' )...gave it to my daughter, cause' it was "always around" when she was growin' up...

That gun...and most others like it...was "smooth as silk" right oughta th' box...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very nice collection there. :D I see you use Speer Gold Dots in your Glocks, which is what I use for my 9mms as well. A very good choice from what I've heard and read, though I hope I never have to use them in a self-defense situation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts