Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great Gun!

I got an LCP 2 and a P 365 at the same time, the 365 has been flawless. The LCP 2 on the other hand has had about 15 various Failures to feed, eject and stovepipe jams in about 600 rounds and just today the extractor flew out of the gun at the range on my second mag. I really wanted to like the LCP 2 because its so easy to carry, and I was getting fairly accurate with it. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love mine carried on me OWB to the movies tonight to see Midway with an extra mag in my pocket
In an ammo armor mag carrier

Most comfortable gun to carry I think. I have 124gr HST standard pressure in mine and feel 100 % confident in both

More I shoot mine the more I like it......FREEDOM is a good thing thanks to all the vets on here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I shoot the P365 better than the LC9s. The LC9 trigger bites my finger. I took the trigger out and polished the sharp edges and that helped a lot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was planning on either getting one of the small ones or the Shield. The Shield won out, due to price and weight, (I don't mind a bit of heaviness if recoil is less of an issue) but I REALLY liked the feel of the 365. It sounds like a fantastic little gun. Fits my hand perfectly, which is hard for me given that I have tiny hands.

The XL is a LITTLE bigger, which to me kind of defeats the purpose (at least for me; for you taller/larger people i'm sure it's still extremely concealable) but it sure looks great. I wonder how those new sights are working out for Sig so far? Where the sights are kind of 'buried' into the slide? Looked like an interesting concept

·
Premium Member
13,944 Posts
Looks like the Springfield Hellcat is also a great weapon. Have held the SAS and cannot get used to the sights.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone of ya who have fired the Sig 365 and the Springfield Hellcat have any range comparisons and handling to share. Have read a bit about each in mags and online but haven't handled them both. Checked the Sig out at a local shop, but yet to see a Hellcat. The Sig grip seemed a bit small for me, but only actual shooting tells the story. The Hellcat is reported to have more hand filling grips. Just what I read. Have had a Smith 9mm Shield for around four years, for a smaller semiauto, shoots very well. Dirty little story is that a 1911 grip frame and/or large size revolver Pachmyer grips feel right at home to me. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I apologize for reviving a dead thread. But I am curious as to how your p365 is holding up? I just picked up a manual safety p365 today myself. I have not shot one, as my rental range does not have one. But I figure all these small 9mms probably shoot about the same, and I used to have a kahr cw9 that I didn't mind shooting. Plus if you have ever shot 357 mag out of a small steel frame revolver you know it can't be as bad as that recoil-wise.

I was very impressed by the sights and trigger pull. I had actually gone into the shop to trade my sp101 (just could not get used to the trigger, spoiled by my smooth gp100 I guess) for an LCR 357. But in the gun store I stacked the 365 over top of the LCR and a smith 642 and noticed that the sig was the same size or even smaller! With twice as many rounds, and with 9mm so much cheaper to practice with, it just seemed like a no-brainer.

I plan on doing some nightly training with the safety and hope that I will be as satisfied with my new sig p365 as y'all have been. Any tips for a new owner? What holsters do y'all use?

Thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not a single malfunction in over 1200 rds, various ammo types and brands. Best auto pistol we’ve owned.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts