Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been planning to build an AR for some time. After my parts wishlist became hard to find and the prices got JACKED UP, I decided to just buy an AR. A Sig Sauer M400 SRP was not on my short list. After fondling my top 3 on the list of ARs that I have researched for MONTHS, I picked up the Sig out of chance. My first impression was that it was well built and had some nice features. The LGS owner stated that he felt it was better than the Colt if you could not read the MFG on the rifle. I talked to a buddy of mine that was an Army Firearms instructor and a Scout sniper in his Military career. He also had a very positive opinion of the Sig M400. I decided to take one home.
The more I play with it, the more I liike it. I can't wait to send a few down range!

Anyone have any experience with the Sig M400?

·
Registered
209 Posts
No experience, but if WalMart ever gets them back in stock I'm snagging one up. Haven't read anything bad about them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not at all familiar with the Sig version. I ended up purchasing a R.R.A. CAR-15 (since my LGS was a distributor and I could actually "Lay-hands" on the product). Really nice accessories and a quality build (In my limited experience/opinion).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bought my M400 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Fit and finish is perfect. Functions perfect so far with a few hundred rounds down the tube and no failures. I think you did good to go with the Sig.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not busting the sig have never fireid one , but I read sig was a quility fire arm before they went bankrupt then they started shipping parts from out of factory I guess they we're inhouse made before. I went with an LMT defender 2000 all made in house does it make a differance?? Who Knows, I really like mine and hope you like yous!!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally took it to the range and I couldn't be happier. Shoots great and is far more accurate than I am. Put 300 down range and it ran flawless.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was offered 2 grand for it at the range. Had to give the guy the "nay-no" and keep it. My work buddies have been impressed when I let them shoot it. I'd have to say that I see my m400 as the SR9c of the AR world. Its affordable (or was), designed well, great finish, shoots great, and is snubbed by the gun snobs as it outshoots their brand x.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I was looking for one and would have one if I could have found one for a decent price. Bought a Mini14 Tac. insted. I cant say I'v ever heard a bad thing about Sigs from anyone that owns one.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking for one and would have one if I could have found one for a decent price. Bought a Mini14 Tac. insted. I cant say I'v ever heard a bad thing about Sigs from anyone that owns one.
I can say at 50 to 100 yards, it's not fun because it makes shooting easy (it actually is still fun). Mine came with a 3x scope and I could probably shoot golf balls at 100 yards all day long. I am looking into a private range that has a 800 yard berm.

I'd like to find a Mini 14. Initially I was looking for a mini and ended up with the Sig. lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sig M400....

.......got mine when they first were available...:D

...has been a great rifle....and very accurate...

[/URL]

.... the image was taken in Oregon....:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts