Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
P365 of any flavor is a great choice. Shocked at how accurate mine is. Reliability has been flawless with a variety of ammo including different hollowpoints. Such a large amount of firepower in such a small package. Very shootable despite it's relatively small size.

Since you showed me yours I'll show you mine.

P365 with one of the newer P365x slides. This one has a rear sight cut with the "X-Ray" suppressor height sights and Romeo Zero Elite with selectable Circle Dot/Dot only.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I wouldn't go that far!
One must ask... if not the P365 then what?

I think the P365 is the correct answer but I would accept "S&W J-frame" or "Glock G19" for half credit. 👨‍🏫;)

Not looking to ruffle feathers, just curious what you prefer. In my hands, the ergonomics, accuracy, size, caliber and overall 'shootability' of the P365 are just top notch. If there is something better than the P365 I need to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Maybe a Springfield Hellcat? Just to set the record straight I am a Sig hater! Got a 365 when first came out. Broken firing pin within a 100 rounds, at 400 rounds a dead trigger. Sig customer service smug attitude. Got it back and got rid of it. The most unreliable pistol I ever owned. Thats why. Everybody has their opinion and my feathers are not ruffled- just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
As with most equipment, personal preference will vary, due to ergonomics and personal performance, to also quality and reliability of said piece of equipment. One's predisposed (i.e.. Uninformed or Tainted) opinion will contribute as well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The Sig p365 in any flavor or configuration is pretty much what is hot right now.
I have the 9x and the 380. Guess I need to think about the XL soon ? Might as well get it over with.....
I think the XL with the 3.1" barrel and integrated compensator is on my short-list of "things I really, really want but absolutely don't need".
I was actually going to go with that slide instead of the P365X slide but it was out of stock (like everything else in the world).

Ultimately I'm not sure if the extra length on the XL in terms of either slide/barrel or grip is really a worthwhile improvement over the P365.... but that comp has me interested.

Maybe a Springfield Hellcat? Just to set the record straight I am a Sig hater! Got a 365 when first came out. Broken firing pin within a 100 rounds, at 400 rounds a dead trigger. Sig customer service smug attitude. Got it back and got rid of it. The most unreliable pistol I ever owned. Thats why. Everybody has their opinion and my feathers are not ruffled- just my honest opinion.
I've had a little bit of bad luck with SIG as well so I can't fault you for being sour on them.
Bought a very expensive P226 Legion RX LE-Version and the rear sight came loose (almost falling off) on it's first visit to the range (at least Sig fixed that in literally 1 day + ship time for me).

My P365x Romeo Zero "Elite" went dead on the first trip to the range. Apparently it was just a battery... but it didn't inspire confidence in the optic nor the supposed 20,000 hour run time it advertises.

The optic came with the battery pre-installed but what are the chances it dies at it's very first trip to the range? And why is SIG sending out products with nearly dead batteries? Oh well... at least the back-up sights are excellent . 😆

·
Registered
461 Posts
Have had zero issues with The Hellcat. Also the new Shield looks like a keeper. Have had excellent service from the shields I purchased when they first came out. Just saying there are plenty of other top tier brands out there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Buy that XL! IMO the XL with a +2 MagGuts kit can’t be beat. I have thousands of rounds through a standard P365 and an XL without a hiccup. The XL is just perfect AIWB with a claw holster. Zero printing slim design that I can get a full grip on and center of mass shots every time at 25yds when drawing from a holster. Sorry about the dude that had a bad experience with one, but sounds like he got an early one before the bugs were worked out. There are bad experience stories about every gun model ever made. Just look at all the LCP Max failure posts😆

Another great plus about the P365 platform is with the modular design. You can customize it to your preference. Different grip frames are available to better fit you if needed, and just about every other part and accessory is available to customize if it suits you.

·
Registered
.22 Single Six and Ten, three Wranglers, 2 44 Vaqueros, MkII, 10-22, 22 Charger, 77-357, GP100s.
727 Posts
A little over a year ago I tried one friend's Hellcat, and another's Shield. Tried the SIG XL at my range, walked out with one new in the box. I like it so much I bought a second one last spring. All the small wonder-nines are "snappy". Put a Hogue Handall sleeve on each one, and no more twisting in the hand, and very little increase in grip width.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can understand those in liking the early 365s. Got one in 2018 and it was dead trigger before the end if a two day class. Got it back and it broke within a week of practice, just couldn’t run them hard is what Sig’s CS said to me. Repaired and then sold. Fast forward to 2022 and I have two XLs and getting a third. Still don’t think the regular 365 is meant for much shooting, but the RSA on the XLs will handle it. Might even get a pretty Spectra for show. LOL

I can’t see other “micro 9s” touching the 365 series. Maybe the Taurus GX4, it’s a good pistol for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts