Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this rifle for sale at the LGS / shooting range. Not something you see every day.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,678 Posts
What a fine piece of equipment! I see the over-sized trigger shoe, over-travel stop, adjustable gas block, and folding stock. Is it chambered in 7.62x51 or something else. Does it come with a scope mount at that price? I think I could learn to love that rifle!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a fine piece of equipment! I see the over-sized trigger shoe, over-travel stop, adjustable gas block, and folding stock. Is it chambered in 7.62x51 or something else. Does it come with a scope mount at that price? I think I could learn to love that rifle!

It’s chambered for the GP 90, which is the Swiss version of the 5.56 NATO

I didn’t ask if it comes with the scope mount, my guess is it doesn’t

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I believe that price (5800 CHF) is in Swiss Francs, right? Google tells me the Franc is now trading a 0.98 USD per Franc so that is a rather expensive gun ($5684).

Is that range/LGS in Switzerland?

·
One Star
9,637 Posts
Wow that is awesome!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that price (5800 CHF) is in Swiss Francs, right? Google tells me the Franc is now trading a 0.98 USD per Franc so that is a rather expensive gun ($5684).

Is that range/LGS in Switzerland?

Yes both the rifle and I live in Switzerland

I’ve read only 19 were imported in the USA before the ‘89 assault rifle ban. They probably go for 20’000 and above. In Switzerland it’s cheaper.

Here’s Ian’s video about it

https://youtu.be/wDpH7CtzEU4

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one coming up for auction. The finest example ever sold here in the US. Complete, all matching, transit case, factory target, ZEISS Diavari-Z 2.5-10x52 Scope, and more.

The pre-bidding is available now, but the auction will take place March 7th.

We're located in Travelers Rest, SC and the auction will take place Live & Online.

The link to the gun is below, from there you can get to the entire catalog (couldnt put a real link)

proxibid dot com/HOLY-GRAIL-RARE-SIG-SG-550-1-Sniper-Rifle-w-ZEISS-Scope-Factory-Case-Target-Manual-More/lotInformation/52788688

Poinsett Armory is my company - poinsettarmory dot com

Send me an email if you have any questions!! Spread the word, this needs a nice new home!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, thanks for posting

In case you didn’t know, KAPO ZÜRICH means Kantonal Polizei Zürich, i.e. Zürich state police (Zürich is both Switzerland’s largest city and a state).

So it’s a police surplus, which adds to the interest in my opinion

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The gun for sale here in Switzerland is the one pictured on the manual, 130004

1 - 12 of 12 Posts