Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring I purchased a used S&W M&P bodyguard 380 with an internal laser sight. I wanted something lightweight and concealable for summer carry. Using a laser bore sight, I adjusted the bodyguard’s internal laser sight to match to bore sight. Shooting at a distance of 15 feet using the iron sights, it consistently shot 10 inches low. Using the laser sight it consistently shot 6 inches low. At a distance of 25 feet using the laser sight, it consistently shot 10 inches low. I have readjusted the laser sight to 15 feet. The iron sights only have a windage adjustment which is right on. Having never owned or shot a .380 before (I have always carried revolvers) my question is, is this normal for a .380 semi-automatic or is this (as I suspect) just a peculiarity of this particular pistol.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
First step, have someone else shoot the gun, preferably someone you know is a good shot. The long heavy trigger pull on these make them difficult to shoot without pulling the sights off target. Low is usually indicative of recoil anticipation or pulling the gun off target as the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That gun is tricky. I've had a few. They all shot low for me as well. My current BG380 is the M&P no laser/no safety version. I just point and shoot which is the intended use of those little pocket guns .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First step, have someone else shoot the gun, preferably someone you know is a good shot. The long heavy trigger pull on these make them difficult to shoot without pulling the sights off target. Low is usually indicative of recoil anticipation or pulling the gun off target as the trigger is pulled.
Thanks, good idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That gun is tricky. I've had a few. They all shot low for me as well. My current BG380 is the M&P no laser/no safety version. I just point and shoot which is the intended use of those little pocket guns .
I am carrying it. I like its concealability and light weight, especially during this summer. I was able to practice enough to accurately hit the target at 25 feet, which I felt was adequate for this gun. My normal carry guns has been a 38 special S&W and a 357mg Ruger SP101, it has taken me a long time to try a semi-automatic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts