Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you change your Signature, I did not know it was retroactive and would change all of the past posts you have made. Is there anyway around that?
If I disable signatures, would they be erased from all my past posts?
Can't we just leave the signature as it was when we made that particular post?
Thanks,
John

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
It's by design that your signature is always updated.

As for the comment in your current signature; the reason for someone quoting what you have written is to let the readers know what they are addressing. Same as in modern email, when you hit "reply" it attaches the original below your email, as to let the reader know what text your responding to.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
"I Hate Quoting, Copying and Pasting in FORUMS! It has already been written and is there for everyone to see. So Please, Don't even Think about Pasting My Comments Again.
Thank you."

How about just your sig? :confused:

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I think quoting is a very good idea in most threads as the threads stray from the topic that was originally started and how are the posters going to know who you are replying to if you don't have a quote from the thread? I've seen posters get their rear up between their shoulders because they thought you were talking about their post, when you were referring to what someone else said.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Another reason for quoting... if someone goes back and changes their original post, like Drummer did, my post that immediately followed his about his signature is now out of context...

"I am History!"
Hopefully, he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I would not have read this thread again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.