Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like a set of laminate grips for my little Bearcat to match my Birdshead Vaquero. I am looking for the silver/black laminate like these.

Can't seem to find anything after searching. Can someone recommend a custom grip maker that could make these?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I'll be watching this too. Bearcat grips aren't common. A few people have ivory polymer on fleabay, and that's all I've seen regularly.

Eagle Grips offers these:

Fancy Grips |Bearcat Model > Ruger Single Action Rev Hand Gun Grips, Gun Handles, Pistol Grip from Eagle Grips - Eagle Grips Inc. - Gun Grips

Sack Peterson makes beautiful stag for Bearcats:

Ruger Bearcat Stag Grips

Altamont makes Ruger's wood grips for them, but they show nothing for Bearcats on their site.

I can't understand that Hogue has chosen not to offer Bearcat grips.

I grabbed some Lett Custom grips on fleabay that Bill Lett Jr. himself had listed. They are out of business, and he was clearing out some old stock he'd found. I posted his sale here, but it was deleted as against rules. He had Ruger bird's head, gunfighters, Mark I, II, and III grips, beautiful stuff.

Got some anonymous black micarta grips, look good, but fit only a little better than the factory grips.

Myself, I'd like some quality black micarta for both of my stainless Bearcats.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone tired to sand/stain the stock rosewood laminate?

I might give it a try. Could end up with a pair of ugly grips :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts