Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody knows where a person could find a Silver color Trigger Guard for a Ruger 10/22? We picked up a new Stainless Barrel/Nylon Stock 10/22 for my daughter and it came with a Black color trigger assembly. It looks a bit out of place and I would like to find a silver replacement for it. Does not matter if it is stripped or a full assembly. My plan it to re-work it with a Volquartsen trigger kit. Thanks for any info..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the Timney Trigger assembly is nice, and expensive too. But I am looking for a Ruger Polymer Trigger Housing or assembly. I was hoping somebody might know of a supplier where I can get one or maybe somebody has one they removed from their 10/22 that they would like to sell. Thanks.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Paint it, or find and older aluminum one, and have it bead blasted then cleared maybe.

·
Registered
653 Posts
They didn’t make them very long before they switched to the black so I don’t know how many might be out there. I have seen them for sale but not for a while now. I almost bought the last one I saw just because I figured I might end up with the same issue as you have at some point. Best bet is to watch GunBroker, eBay and the various forum classified sections. Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking in to paint right now. I was told by somebody that we could Cerakote it, but, I am not sure you can use that product on plastic.

First time I have seen GunBroker. Wow, there is a lot of stuff on there site. I looked but currently there is no silver polymer trigger assemblies for the 10/22. I will keep checking that site. I appreciate you pointing me in that direction.

I was looking at the Pike Arms housing. Was hoping to find the polymer but might go with the aluminum housing and build it with good components.

Sure appreciate the help from you guys! Please keep me in mind in case you see something around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to send a Trigger Assembly out to Brimstone. They are going to Cerakote it Silver for us and while it is there we are having the Tier3 Trigger Job done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow. In this world of plastics & paint instead of metal, it would take mucho pesos for my 1995 10 22 to leave me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts