Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone has posted these but I found them last night and I think they would be a good way to add a peep and not change the looks of the rifle. I need to figure out what size I want.

He only has them in 2 sized a 1/8" and a 1/16" but it looks to me to be a good way to add a peep. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-10-22-or-96-Rear-Aperture-1-8-Peep-Sight-Blade-New-Also-Fits-Lyman/202366339079?hash=item2f1df94807:g:Zf0AAOSw4GFbRV6T

Anyways thought I would pass it on. I just ordered the 1/8" I laid apertures on my sight and it looked like the ball on the front sight took up too much space for the 1/16" version, with the ball gone it probably would be fine. IMO Anyways I will post some pics after it gets here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is my next choice, I am not sure how well this will work being that far down the barrel I am hoping this works decent so it does not change the looks at all. Says I should have it by Friday now if my shoulder recovers I can try it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it today. I think I will want the smaller version but I will give it a try and see how it does. I can see the front post good BUT there is a lot of light around it, probably a good size for hunting but a bit big for target shooting.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed one from ECGW on my no.1 tropical and am very happy with it. It clamps to one of the scope ring mount cutouts On the quarter rib and looks great on the rifle as well as giving a great sight picture. I did have to change the front sight post to a taller one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Mrhillbilly: I have a couple of those sights. They work great. The trick for me was to get the smaller aperture and take a small drill and drill up to taste.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I pulled the scope off since all of my load tests were done today, and the smaller peep is gonna haft to happen. I can see the target perfect but the front bead is blurring out most of the time (I am getting old). So if anyone else likes this idea get the smaller version and do what 23Loar suggests and drill out to what works for you.

On the plus side I did have a 5 shot group close to what the scope got me off the bench. Also it seems to work good with stock post height even tho I am going to replace or make a square post for it. I think a true peep would be better still but I want to try and keep the classic looks of rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts