Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I was loyal to Bulleit bourbon. However I found a bourbon that has surpassed it. My new favorite is Elijah Craig Small Batch. Smoother than a Prom Queen's thighs, but not quite so risky (quote from Heartbreak Ridge). Nice woody nose and a good finish. Great character and not very expensive in the low $30 range for a 750ml. Bulleit is a great bourbon and I never thought I'd find one better. All you bourbon fans need to give it a shot.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,191 Posts
Nice! I've always got a couple bourbons around, although I consider it a little girly compared to a straight rye. ;)

(I do like Bulleit's rye by the way.)

I'll have to pick up some of this. Ninety four proof isn't too shabby either.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'll have to give it a try; great taste and a reasonable price can't be beaten.

My #1 bourbon has become Jefferson's Ocean; however, it's rather pricy, so I reserve it for things like birthdays, promotions, holidays, and the occasional Friday evening after a horrible week.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jamesons is my favorite right now, then crown royal special but for less expensive Canadian club 12yr. And for real cheap Canadian mist. I have not found your suggestion on the shelf but next time I might consider it, sounds exceptional but I do admit I don't drink but a couple times a year.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Angel's Envy 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Jamesons is my favorite right now, then crown royal special but for less expensive Canadian club 12yr. And for real cheap Canadian mist. I have not found your suggestion on the shelf but next time I might consider it, sounds exceptional but I do admit I don't drink but a couple times a year.
I'm with crankgrinder on this one. Jameson is the bees knees. Another good Irish whiskey that I've found recently is 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey. I've never acquired a taste for bourbons. Perhaps I'm not classy enough.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My current favorite bourbon is Buffalo Trace. It might be a bit on the light side for some of you, but it has a nice easy finish and mellows nicely when poured over ice.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I'll have to give it a try; great taste and a reasonable price can't be beaten.

My #1 bourbon has become Jefferson's Ocean; however, it's rather pricy, so I reserve it for things like birthdays, promotions, holidays, and the occasional Friday evening after a horrible week.
I saw a bottle of that and liked the idea, but I couldn't get past the $84 price tag.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If Irish is your fancy and you like new things try Connemara Peated Irish Whisky. In cask strength if you can find it. No caramel coloring or chill filtering this is real whiskey as it comes from the cask. Neat with a touch of water is best. Not too awfully expensive nor is it cheap 'bout $70 a bottle. Not for guys who toss the top once the bottle's opened. A bottle left upon the shelf to be enjoyed with a nice cigar or bowl full of Peterson's Irish Flake.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
For years I was loyal to Bulleit bourbon. However I found a bourbon that has surpassed it. My new favorite is Elijah Craig Small Batch. Smoother than a Prom Queen's thighs, but not quite so risky (quote from Heartbreak Ridge). Nice woody nose and a good finish. Great character and not very expensive in the low $30 range for a 750ml. Bulleit is a great bourbon and I never thought I'd find one better. All you bourbon fans need to give it a shot.
I have never tried it, but I shall now. Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I kinda like my Uncle Elwood's No. 4... a certified sour mash... a genuine, double-rectified pop skull, aged in a plastic jug.

I got some in my hand right now... dated last November. My Uncle assures me that no possums were dipped outta the mash... although I kinda doubt it. However, that possom juice woulda been distilled outta the mix in the process.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts