Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just purchase a new single 10 shot first 40 rounds without a issue, after that when loading and unloading the cylinder would lock up at what seemed to be every 9th or 10 revolution. I would have to jiggle the cylinder and mess with the hammer to unlock it. Has anyone else had this issue? Returned it to ruger Thursday how long should I expect before getting it back? thanks

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What brand of ammo were you using?
I had a similar issue with my Single Ten. After some head scratching I figured out that some of the rounds of ammo I was using (Remington Golden Bullets) had more of a radius where the case meets the rim which prevented the bullet from fully seating into the cylinder which caused a headspace issue making the cylinder lock up.

Ended up having a local smith put a light chamfer on the bores which solved the problem for me.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Welcome from NW Georgia. Try asking in the SA forum - likely to get good advice there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello

I was using CCI ammo. The cylinder locks up with or without ammo what is the best ammo to use with this?

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Wisconsin !!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I was using CCI ammo. The cylinder locks up with or without ammo what is the best ammo to use with this?
OP, sounds like your gun is pretty messed up.

As for ammo, a properly functioning Single Ten should shoot anything. Since its a revolver, and not a semi-auto, you don't have to worry about it cycling. So it should shoot any kind of .22 LR. Not only that, but if you can find it, your gun will shoot .22 longs and shorts. Shorts are really fun as they are really quiet.

You can experiment with different types of ammo until you find the ones your gun shoots best. But it will shoot them all.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida. Call Ruger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.