Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Lipsey's edition single 7 Bisley in .327 Fed Mag and was very disappointed. The grip fit was awful with some scratches on the back strap and the action was very rough, even turning the cylinder with the load gate open was very rough.
Sent it off to Ruger with a note of the problems and got the gun back in record time,about 10 days. Everything was fixed and I am a happy camper. But,I expect better from Ruger. That gun should have never made it out the door.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I bought a Single Seven when they first came out and the cylinder alignment was not right, sent it back and the rest is history ... love the gun ...

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
Let Lipseys know whats going on in their name.

Got my new Lipsey's edition single 7 Bisley in .327 Fed Mag and was very disappointed. The grip fit was awful with some scratches on the back strap and the action was very rough, even turning the cylinder with the load gate open was very rough.
Sent it off to Ruger with a note of the problems and got the gun back in record time,about 10 days. Everything was fixed and I am a happy camper. But,I expect better from Ruger. That gun should have never made it out the door.
Who was the last FFL to handle your "new gun" before you got it? I don't believe it was Ruger, even though they took care of it. I would ask Lipseys about the paper trail and where it came from. Of the more than 200 Ruger revolvers I have bought in the last 5 years, only 2 were factory defects.

·
Super Moderator
4,043 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. Ruger is usually pretty good about repairs. I have a Birdshead Single Seven. I recently thinned my herd quite a bit and it survived the cut. I don't shoot it much but it's just a cool little pistol. Wouldn't mind a Bisley version at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Who was the last FFL to handle your "new gun" before you got it? I don't believe it was Ruger, even though they took care of it. I would ask Lipseys about the paper trail and where it came from. Of the more than 200 Ruger revolvers I have bought in the last 5 years, only 2 were factory defects.
I agree. I bought a Single Ten, that had a scratch on the cylinder, very obvious or I would not have cared, but I saw it before buying. I truly doubt it came from the factory that way. I agreed to buy the gun if the scratch was fixed. The gun was sent back to Ruger, and Ruger fixed it with no question. It is one of my favorite guns to this day.

It says a lot about a company that will fix cosmetic issues that were not the fault of the company itself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Single Seven is apparently consistently defective, in that it is the only firearm I ever returned to the dealer, who sent it back to Ruger to replace the missing transverse rear sight pin. The repair and return took two weeks at no cost to myself, and bullets now hit where they are pointed, rather than randomly to the left or right.

Since the weapon was going back, I asked that something be done about the majorly ugly plywood stocks. To my amusement the revolver was returned with minorly ugly plywood stocks. I have since upgraded with stocks from LS Grips, which are not only more attractive, but fit the frame better than the grips (both pair) installed by the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Glad it is right now. Just curious, which Model Single Seven do you have? The stainless or blue? I am getting ready to order the blue model with the XS sights.

·
Ruger Aficionado
1,095 Posts
I do like the single 7s. They are hard to find on the shelf. I don't know whether they sell fast, or no one orders any. Either way; you can load them mild to wild. It's an interesting cartridge.

I like the laminate stocks better than the black plastic ones. Just bought 3 sets of someones take offs at the show this weekend. They will likely land on a wrangler.

TBD

·
Registered
319 Posts
My first single 7 had some issues and had to go back to ruger. It was a 4 5/8” barrel ss version. My second one was the 5 1/2” bisley version and it has been issue free. However, my favorite .327 is my gp100 5” half lug version. Not even close!

·
Registered
72 Posts
What, exactly, does the sight have to do with the bullet strike? Blindfold yourself, pull the trigger, and the bullet will go exactly where the barrel/crown sends it. Wake up........

·
Registered
186 Posts
What, exactly, does the sight have to do with the bullet strike? Blindfold yourself, pull the trigger, and the bullet will go exactly where the barrel/crown sends it. Wake up........
Really? If the rear sight moves around by itself from shot to shot (it was missing the pin that helps keep it in place, did you read the original post?), and you are clever enough to use the sights for each shot, the POI will shift around because the rear sight has moved around.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts