Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
A Single Seven birdshead would compliment that nice collection well. ;)
I never warmed up to the birdshead. I have kind of large hands with long skinny fingers, and my hands feel cramped on one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorta off subject but not. I and a friend each just ordered in 2 of the Wiley Clapp Blackhawks (Carryhawk). Borh had a "U" notch or square rear sight instead of the advertised "V" notch blade. It's pretty important because the front sight is an XS big dot. The "U" blade actually covers the sides of the front dot. Ruger is sending the proper blades out, right away. Thank you. Both of the guns had the rear blade shifted almost completely to the left side. I haven't shot it yet and hope it's not that far off. I know they test fire before leaving the factory, I doubt they sighted them. I hope not, being that far off. The grips leave a lot to desire as far as fit and finish. Both also needed the grips to be removed and have the roll pin drifted to let the left grip slab actually rest against the frame. Just a guess, but a good 1/64 to 1/32" gap. My point is, although customer service might be great, where the he11 is quality control? Neither of those should have left the factory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love mine

I got an early stainless model and it was and is a beautiful gun. Shoots great! Had a problem with it jumping the base pin latch. Sent it to Ruger, they replaced the spring, came back with same problem so I ordered a spring from Wolfe and fixed the problem. Been flawless since

·
Registered
167 Posts
In 327 I have 2 Blackhawks, 3 Single Sevens, a GP100 and a SP101. Every one of them came here in fine shape. I don’t know if I am lucky or maybe I’m just not as anal about cosmetic issues on a very inexpensive mass produced tuff as boot leather you and your great grand kids will never wear out revolver.

My fear is Ruger will one day tire of fixing all of cosmetic issues through returns and start hand fitting everything like in the days of old and start charging a Freedom Arms price for their revolvers.

I wonder how many would still buy Ruger if the price say tripled or quadrupled but came out looking like a custom. OR how many would be fussing and gripping about the cost and suddenly think another manufacturer that built “flawed” but cheaper guns “that should have never got past QC” was the Best Buy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here's mine with a Bisley hammer/trigger kit and a Vaquero ejector rod. Grashorn grips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update. Got the proper sight blades. Much better! Ran 6 rounds through it, loads I use for cowboy shoots. Bought it because it was different. The finish rusts VERY easily. Keep it wiped down and oiled! Back to my quality control issues. The "slab side" cuts are off or the barrel was not properly aligned. From the shooters view, the barrel appears to be slightly off to clockwise. The front sight base is actually slightly off to the counter clockwise. Then the XS sight blade appears to be clockwise or tipped to the right to compensate for the base being off. Wth! Everything is nice and tight of course. I'm allowed to complaign a little because I own one, but you can chew on me if you like anywho. I'm going to use the heck out of it. I don't abuse any of my guns, but am going to consider this one a bit of a beater. Maybe I'll post some pics when I get time. I'm a bit too old for the zombie thing...sorta. I'm making some grips for mine out of gray and toxic green G10. I know. Now chew on me!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like it very much. Wasn't crazy about the BH frame, but I wanted the 3 3/4" barrel & fixed sights in 327, since I have an old Colt NP in 32 S&W Long and a Charter in 327. I reload, so that caliber is my "reloadable .22". I reload Longs, 32 H&R and 327 Fed.
So.....my gunsmith did an amazing job of fitting a stainless XR3-RED grip to the frame, polishing it all to a mirror bright, fit on thin genuine Rosewood stocks, installed the Wolff extra power center pin release spring. The trigger/hammer weren't touched, because it is nice and crisp, & the timing lockup is perfect being a Lipsey's special.
Now, it looks and feels like a Vaquero/Colt Sheriffs model with perfect balance.
Unfortunately, I will be posting it for sale soon. I have an chance to get my dream gun and need the funds to purchase it.
The Colt is a 50's era, which I won't part with. And the Charter is my carry.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an original Super Blackhawk Hunter in 45 Colt (2003 I think?) and a newly manufactured Super Blackhawk Hunter Bisley in 45 Colt. The original is OH SO much slicker to operate. I have problems just opening the loading gate on the new one. Everything from the trigger to the hammer is rough and stiff. How much of that is breaking in, I don't know, but the difference is like night and day. I do not remember the old one ever being like that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I picked up a S7 Bisley last month.
I agree the grip fitment was horrid!!
Thankfully I like to change mine and the replacements fit far better.

My pop shot this gun once and now wants us to get a matched set of Birds head S7’s. 😉

I have had three 32 H&R Rugers in the past and liked them allot but wanted more. First was a SP 101. Just too heavy and sold it off. Replaced it with a SS. 4 5/8”. Then a 5.5”. Missed out on a Bisley H&R and it haunted me.

The 327 Bisley I have not is a unbelievable shooter. I have some sub 3” 50 yard groups with it!! 1” @ 25 is almost boring with many bullets cutting each other’s holes.

I picked up a Accurate Mold 31-135S designed just for the S7. It FILLS the cylinders!! Loaded with BlueDot and still working up I’m almost at 1200 FPS. This mold is unbelievable bullets drop free perfectly and weigh as consistent than any I have. Barely 1.5g difference. BDDB584B-FFDA-41D2-8913-2EF039FE547C_1580956851288.jpeg

E45179F7-B0A3-4B3A-A224-C1B60187264E_1580956889509.jpeg

CW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Viper single seven

I tried to replie in the classified but it wouldn't let me. I don't know if they have a pm feature on this forum, but if the do could you pm me I have a couple of questions I would like to ask you about your pistol

21 - 40 of 52 Posts