Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to send my Bearcat 4.20" plow handle back to Ruger, finally got all of them back together for a family picture.

New Vaquero 357 Mag 4 5/8" plow handle and 3 3/4" birdshead

Single Six 22lr/22mag 4 5/8" and Single Ten 22lr 5 1/2"

Bronze Wrangler 22lr with silver/black grips

Bearcat 4.20" plow handle and Shopkeeper.

I'm sure I "need" more...but happy for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
That’s a good looking bunch ya got there.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Nice group, looks like a growing family.

A big welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I love family picture day ... Nice collection sir ...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice group portrait.

What happened to your Bearcat?
Cylinder slid back and forth (there's a term for it, but I can't think of it) in the frame. So it was getting light strikes on all but two chambers, even with the factory hammer spring. It would slide from .007" gap between cylinder and forcing cone to touching (.000") the forcing cone. I'm guessing they put a new cylinder in it...the paperwork it came back with didn't actually say what they did to fix it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Addiction sounds so negative. I prefer the phrase "Single Action Enthusiast"!
I'm a beer enthusiast...single actions are an addiction. Something about "admitting your addiction is the first step to..." I don't remember; just some bs they tried to make us believe in the 5 months of mandatory meetings after a beer related incident. No evidence, mind you, none...but I was drinking a beer when the cops showed up...guilty until proven innocent, the military standard.

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Addiction? More like passion.................

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Awesome revolvers family.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It’s not addiction, it’s collection. Some people collect coins, stamps, cars, dolls, whatever. I collect Ruger Single Actions. And everyone on the forum that has more than 1 SA knows what it’s all about.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,666 Posts
I'm a beer enthusiast...single actions are an addiction. Something about "admitting your addiction is the first step to..." I don't remember; just some bs they tried to make us believe in the 5 months of mandatory meetings after a beer related incident. No evidence, mind you, none...but I was drinking a beer when the cops showed up...guilty until proven innocent, the military standard.
Brother I understand completely! I think I have my addiction under control though. I haven't bought a Ruger Single Action for quite some time. Not even one of those inexpensive new Wranglers I see on sale everywhere. The different colors are kind of cool though... No! I'm good with what I have. They don't get shot enough now as it is.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brother I understand completely! I think I have my addiction under control though. I haven't bought a Ruger Single Action for quite some time. Not even one of those inexpensive new Wranglers I see on sale everywhere. The different colors are kind of cool though... No! I'm good with what I have. They don't get shot enough now as it is.:(
Nice set you have!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Now you know darned well there is room for one more in your safe and you should have at least one Wrangler.

Btw off topic my son lives about 10 mins from 400 and 53, he’s looking for a gun range since that’s in your backyard could you pm me with any suggestions. You could blow the dust off a couple of you SA,s and we could do some shooting..there is a small gun/archery store with indoor range a couple miles west of clarkesville called Pops if you want to try it out sometime or one in your neck of the woods.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts