Ruger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,550 Posts
caryc, really nice leather holster there! Looks beautiful and functional. Love it! Decades ago our neighbor practiced with wax bullets for speed drills. He was a safety freak and a good revolver enthusiast. We miss him. Rick

·
Registered
613 Posts
"...if you guys can recommend any books, videos, classes, etc that I could use."

This guy can help you handle a single action more efficiently. Go through the series and remember... smooth is fast.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Here are the instructions for the loading process when shooting centerfire Single Action Rugers...
  • Load one round
  • Index to next chamber
  • Try to load chamber and drop round on floor
  • Curse while letting next chamber click past where the round can fit
  • Swear
  • Index to third chamber and load round
  • Drop another round on floor
  • Over-index the 4th chamber
  • Comment using "King's English"
  • Load the 5th round
  • Be super-careful not to over index 6th chamber
  • Bend over and pick up dropped rounds...and in doing so, click the 6th chamber past index
  • (^&%^$&^&^^*(&^!!
  • Rotate cylinder to first missed chamber and index past
  • ^%&^%&$^%^%^^$&^&()()&!!!!!
  • Index to next empty chamber and load round
  • Index to next empty chamber and drop round on floor
  • Load round
  • Try to safely retrieve round on the floor since it rolled past the firing line and others are shooting
  • Retrieve round using brass-sweeping broom handle
  • Shrug at the other shooters who have stopped shooting to smirk at you
  • Rotate cylinder to last empty chamber and finally get that round in
  • Lay revolver on bench and consider it thoughtfully...You finally got the damn thing loaded, do you really want to shoot it? Because there's a whole series of similar steps to unload the fired cases out of the damn thing...
(Rimfires are similar process, but with the added bonuses of tiny cartridges and possibly more chambers...)

Aqualung
aint this the truth ... i needed a good chuckle with my java this morning ...

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
I just thought of something, if you want to shoot SA real fast maybe buy 10 wranglers or 10 single sixes and have them all loaded up at one time and just pick up shoot, drop it and so on and so forth ...

·
Registered
387 Posts
See if you can find any Bob Munden videos. Single action guru shooting and smithing master.
Great shot and good guy, too bad he has passed.
Also you may want a good .22LR single action for practice, less money to shoot and most operate the same as the centerfire pistols.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts