Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Held a single-nine yesterday. Pretty sweet gun. They just got it in a few days earlier. Asked about a single-ten and he told me they can't keep them in stock.

Ended up buying the wife a LCR .38 with pink grips. Bought myself a Henry Golden Boy in .17. Now I just need the .22 magnum to complete the set. They also gave me a free t-shirt and hat with LCR. Would of gotten the single ten if they had one.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Last week I got an e-mail from Ruger announcing the new Single Nine.

Question: Why is Ruger introducing new guns when they can't even come close to meeting demand for the vast array of guns they already have?:confused:

My comment is nothing against the Single Nine, a natural extension of their iconic Single Six line which I'm sure will have great appeal to a specific market niche.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They keep making new gun models because

1. They have to keep their engineering dept busy.
2. S&W, Marlin, Savage, Taurus, and a few others are still in business

I have to say that Ruger has really been on fire, they have been doing an amazing job, and there business model actually acts more like a small business, than the size they are.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Single Nine. OK, my 30 day wait (California) will be over soon. Gonna get one. :eek:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Question: Why is Ruger introducing new guns when they can't even come close to meeting demand for the vast array of guns they already have?:confused:
Ruger seems to be making everything they have announced recently. I have seen every new model at my LGS including SR1911s, SP101-22s, 22/45 LITEs, LCR22s and the GSR. No company is able to announce a new product, and fill the shelves of every store everywhere, and meet demand immediately.

·
Registered
725 Posts

My comment is nothing against the Single Nine, a natural extension of their iconic Single Six line which I'm sure will have great appeal to a specific market niche.
+++1
it's kinda frustrating not to be able to get a gun that was introduced alittle over a year ago, but new guns are available.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

++++1
My question exactly. The MKIII Hunter is not available anywhere that I can find, and hasn't been for awhile.
Nothing wrong with introducing new products and getting them out for sale quickly, but I would hope they could keep the existing popular products in the pipeline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts