Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one guess which 22LR I am referring to?
It was my 1st gun at age 11 and you can still drive tacks with it.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I think the marlin model 60 at one time came with an interupter to make the gun a single shot. That is how your gun worked even if it was not a marlin.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,576 Posts
I think the marlin model 60 at one time came with an interupter to make the gun a single shot. That is how your gun worked even if it was not a marlin.
Seen a couple marlin 60's that had that problem, fire, jam, fire , jam. :D

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Can any one guess which 22LR I am referring to?
It was my 1st gun at age 11 and you can still drive tacks with it.
I would think for sure it's a Remington 522 Viper. It was just plain silly to even insert a magazine in the hope the gun would fire more than once.
Even more frustrating was the gun's propensity to dropping the empty case into the trigger assembly, usually rendering it useless.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thread is a little misleading the gun is a Harrington and Richardson model 760 it is a single shot with auto eject, don't see that very often as a matter of fact its the only one I have ever seen. Has a beautiful walnut stock it is a youth model. That gun has killed more squirrels and was always the favorite gun to carry by everyone in my family because it is so lite and easy/accurate. I will try and figure out how to post a picture.
Mike

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will shoot any ammo even cb's although sometimes you have to help it finish ejecting those. Everybody that has shot it have always been impressed by the gun.
I used to shoot a H&R nine shot revolver that was a tack driver as well, been trying to beat my uncle out of that pistol for 45 years

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,687 Posts
I used to have a Winchester Model 55, 22 LR Rifle that was a "single shot automatic" ... not to be confused with the lever action centerfire Mod 55. You manually inserted one cartridge in the chamber then after the cartridge was fired, it would automatically eject the spent case out of the bottom of the receiver. The top of the receiver had a spring loaded hinge plate that served as the manual loading mechanism.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to have a Winchester Model 55, 22 LR Rifle that was a "single shot automatic" ... not to be confused with the lever action centerfire Mod 55. You manually inserted one cartridge in the chamber then after the cartridge was fired, it would automatically eject the spent case out of the bottom of the receiver. The top of the receiver had a spring loaded hinge plate that served as the manual loading mechanism.
Sounds like it might be easier to load , the H&R is easy after you learn to tilt and lean it just right and they fall in but have owned it since the mid 60's so I've had a little practice.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
My thread is a little misleading the gun is a Harrington and Richardson model 760 it is a single shot with auto eject, don't see that very often as a matter of fact its the only one I have ever seen. Has a beautiful walnut stock it is a youth model. That gun has killed more squirrels and was always the favorite gun to carry by everyone in my family because it is so lite and easy/accurate. I will try and figure out how to post a picture.
Mike
They were nice rifles and you're right about being tack drivers. After all the years, yours has held it's age quite well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts