Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Single Six does not perform well with CCI MaxiMag. Groups at 25 yards run over 12”. Shots along the edges of the pattern (I can’t even call it a group) show evidence of keyholing.

For comparison, here is another target showing results with Winchester Super-X .22WMR (top two groups), and CCI Standard Velocity .22LR (bottom two groups).

This phenomenon has existed across numerous lots of CCI MaxiMag over the last 20+ years. Has anyone else had issues with CCI MaxiMag?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. Yes all groups were shot rested, but I did have to shoot rather quickly as the range was getting close to closing time. The CCI maxi max definitely do keyhole. I have witnessed it at shorter ranges as well. I’m not sure if the bullet is a slightly different diameter than the Winchester 22WMR Super-X. I will take a much closer look at the crown to make sure that I don’t have any issues. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.