Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EddieF got me to thinking of the Single Six again. Here's a photo of mine with the mag cylinder installed. May have to take it out and get it dirty tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EGZMETALFRK666 - thay are a hoot to shoot. Read EddieFs post in the range reports with his new single six.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks great, Jimbo!! I do like the blued, and went back and forth at the gun show where I got mine. I also couldn't decide on a barrel length but I like what I ended up with. I think we both have the same 5 5/8"?

Oh, one thing I forgot in the range report. I am definitely going to have to get an orange front sight like I got for my GP to put on this gun. With a black target I can't see the sights very well at all indoors...

·
Banned
700 Posts
Jimbo, very classy! But I'm rather biased on the subject. See, I've got the slightly older brother to yours. Born 1981? A very good year!:)
BTW, a classic always deserves to be photographed properly just as you've done![8D]

SD

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Very nice. I haven't had a chance to take mine out yet. Maybe not until late next week. Yours is in much better shape than mine is. Nice little guns I think.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Jimbo, you just reminded me I've been ignoring mine for a while. Went and dug it out and am giving it a good fondling right now. Gonna take it along with me to the range this coming week:)
Baker

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There you go guys! Glad I could spark a little interest back into the Single Six. I took it out yesterday and shot 7yd and 25 yd targets. It amazes me at how good this thing shoots, even with the mag cylinder. They are inherently not as accurate with the 22mag but still pretty decent. You could definately take a squirrel with one at 25-30 yards with a good steady hold.
btrumanj - wipe the slobber off and go shoot it!

Bountyhunter, give us a range report on how you like it and how it shoots.

Song Dawg - yep If I rember right it was an October 1981 shipped gun. My birthday month!

Eddie, I shoot the range targets with the guns with black sights. They have white backgrounds with orange printing. When I put the shoot 'n see targets up I can't see the sights either. There are orange targets that I am going to try one day when I find them in the store.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wish Ruger would make a GP type revolver in .22 mag.

My brother has a three screw Single Six that I really like. Like to find one I could send to Gary Reeder for some magic.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
589 Posts
I do love the single six. I know most people here have seen mine before but I can't help posting it again.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Here's a 30yr old Single-Six that has poped many a squirrel and is working on teaching the second genaration of shooters. You can't beat them.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
OK, now I got to dig mine out of the safe and take a "pitcher". Guess I ought to shoot it while I'm at it, huh?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts