Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trying to find a peep sight for my ss single six. Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Warren Custom Outdoor in Ohio sells a peep sight for the New Model Single-Six. I've thought about installing one on my Single-Six, and I think I'll get one. I think it would be fun to try one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have ordered a peep sight from Warren Custom Outdoor, and I will let you know how it works out. I think I will Los put a 1/16" ivory bead on the front sight blade, and I think it should work out ll right. I'll keep you posted,

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had one on a 6.5" Blackhawk 357 and didn't like it that much. In fact when they came out with the 50th Year Blackhawk I sold the other one. It was fine for shooting from the bench, but I didn't find it practical for in the woods, at times in low light on a dark day it really was a drawback for me. Now on my lever actions I love the receiver sigjt and have so equiped mine. But I'll leave my open sights on my single actions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm hadn't thought about low light issues. I use my single six alot frog hunting and pest control at night. But i always have flashlight when i do.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I replaced the V rear blade on a SS Hunter with a peep from OneRaggedHole. Works very well with the small bead front.

That said, does anyone know if anyone makes a Patridge or Ramp front sight to replace the screwed in bead on a SS Hunter....

Bob

·
Registered
210 Posts
I received my one ragged hole sights from Warren Custom Outdoor. I have a 6.5 inch barrel, so I installed the smaller hole of the two. I found it to sight very naturally, and I would say that I hit the vast majority of the cans that I was aiming at. I will be selling the larger holed sight on the for sale ads on this forum. I find it to be a quick and natural point to target,and I was surprised at how accurate I was using the peep hole sight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks buckstone i got the peep in the mail today. Installation was simple. I got it sighted in and really enjoyed it. Much faster acquisition of target. Shot some nice groups while zeroing my sights. May have to paint front sight white. It got dark while i was shooting and the black bullseye was blending in with the sight. Overall i am very satisfied. Sweet shooting

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I installed a peep on my 1957 44 mag flat top,use it for hunting, a 100yd shot is really easy, for deer and hogs

·
Registered
210 Posts
Glad You're happy with the sights Joe. I really like mine. I'm considering super gluing a BB on my front ramp sight . I can always just screw another ramp on the front sight if I want to switch it back and forth. I have my flatgate with sights that are dead on, so I probably won't need to. Anyway, thanks Joe. I'm glad that You like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts