Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I remember this pistol hanging in my grandfather's gun cabinet in the 60's, it now hangs in my safe. It has the .22 magnum and LR cylinders.
I removed the funky bolt that was the attachment point for the stock as I thought it would make it a NFA item, SBR. The only markings on the stock are a stamped R and grandpa's electro pencil handy work (he put his name or initials on everything).

Has anyone ever seen one of these stocks? I'd guess it's a aftermarket part but...
I read on another forum that if the stock is removable it's not a SBR but I don't want to get busted for it in my ignorance of the law.

Another question is the 3/8" dovetail scope mount, is it factory? If it was done by a gunsmith I can't tell as it looks clean to me but I haven't removed the scope for a close look.

The scope is 1 power and a Bushnell Phantom.

The guns serial number is 3723xx. I'm curious to it's year of manufacture also.

Thoughts gentlemen.
Air gun Wood Bicycle handlebar Revolver Trigger

Drinkware Wood Serveware Art Door
Wood Personal protective equipment Auto part Hat Metal

·
Registered
432 Posts
First off, Welcome to the forum.

You definitely have an interesting version of what looks like a 3 screw Ruger Single Six. I can't help with the stock but I believe it comes from 1963. I don't believe any had a dovetail from the factory. If I'm wrong someone should be along to correct me.

·
Registered
.22 Single Six and Ten, three Wranglers, 2 44 Vaqueros, MkII, 10-22, 22 Charger, 77-357, GP100s.
844 Posts
Wow. Even as a gunsmith/catalog option in it's day, that is both facinating and rare. Please, pictures of it assembled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Please post a photo of your revolver together
When I took possession of these two pieces I cut the machine type bolt that the stock attaches to. Was worried about NFA violation and still am. I'm not willing to post something that could land me in the pokey.
I read on another forum awhile ago that if the stock is removable it's legal but I want better confirmation, need to go see my local class lll dealer. Though I am curios now about these stocks being sold in catalogs but I remember when you could buy full auto parts for AR's in Shotgun News. :rolleyes:

Many of those types of stocks have been made over a long period of time. I doubt it was factory. But I found this price on a referbed cold..... interesting View attachment 181552
WOW! And I thought Grandpa's 25-20 Marlin that's 110 years old and in excellent condition was valuable. I'll let my heirs know about this possible gem. It's going in the safe tonight. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts