Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Eddie, Here ya go--
Took the Single Six out on Saturday with both 22lr and 22mag cylinders. Set up at the local LDWF range at 7yds and 25yds. Would prefer there to also be a 15yd line but there's not.
Shot Federal Lightning lead bullet, Remington Golden Bullet bulk, and Federal copper washed bulk. The store was out of the WW bulk so didn't try them.
The Fed copper did best, and Remington fair. The Fed Lightning does OK in the RST4 but the 10/22s spray them all over the paper so I won't buy them anymore.
Shot 7yds first, then out to 25. At the 7 yd line, all shots were two hand standing. Used the bench for support at the 25.
Shot a couple hundred rounds then tore the targets off and shot for best score, which I post for Eddie below.
On the 22Mag, I forgot how much fun it was to shoot. More so if you are in the field and can shoot cans or fun type targets, but still a good change of pace. I only had PMC Predator and Winchester Dynapoint hollowpoints in the safe so just used those two. The PMC did very well, and it's a nasty looking 22 bullet. I only saved one 22mag target, mainly because it showed a typical vertical stringing I was getting. All 25yd 22mag was from supported sandbags.
BTW, the range officer had been shooting this 22 laser sighted auto, I think a Kahr, and was doing much worse than this little Ruger. He even came over and took a look as I was putting the gear away. Said he hadn't seen a Ruger shoot that good. I, of course, told him he needed to get better aquainted with the brand!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
AWESOME!! Nice targets, man! Excellent range report, thank you.

I have not done enough shooting to begin differentiating performance based on different brands and loads of ammo. But I'm sure I will develop favorites.

Interesting, that vertical stringing you mention. The horizontal is great! To what do you attribute that stringing in the magnum target?

I was just thinking it would be fun to take a sheet with four or five targets on it, have one person shoot six at seven yards and send it to another single six owner, who shoots a cylinder at another target at the same distance and sends it on, etc. and the last guy posts it here. Man, that would be a lot of pressure, wouldn't it?? Four guys have already put their marks on it, and you are just hoping and praying that your first shot isn't in someone else's space!

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I may be embarrassed to post my groups any more![:I]

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Not a bad idea if you want to start it out Eddie. You first then ask for volunteers. May take a while as some of us don't get to shoot every week. Heck, make it any 22 handgun, the shooters choice, at a measured 7yds, or whatever distance you choose. I'll play. I know there are some really outstanding shooters here with phenomenal target guns. You would be surprised at the groups.

I think the vertical stringing is my own creation, caused by grip changes between cylinder reloading. With the except of a couple of flyers, there are a couple of different groups. Also My eyes tire and start to blurr so I am not seeing the front sight the same through all 24 shots I took here.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If I start it I'm going to make the rule NO SCOPES! Not that I have anything against them, just that I don't have one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts