Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - First time poster and first time owner, please forgive any missteps. Would appreciate any advice on the included pic. Bought a used SS Single Six listed in good condition. Is the hairline crack on the frame pictured below normal, or something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,633 Posts
Greetings from Ohio and welcome. I will let the more skilled members chime in on this one. Good luck and when you get this sorted out I hope you get the chance to enjoy the SS Single Six. Someone may have some feedback soon enough. Take your time and sort through this before you move on. Good luck and again welcome.
*I have a S&W with a similar mark but a gunsmith and others determined it is not a issue. Not a structure crack. I can not tell from the photo here what you have. Others may have some thoughts...PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

Reactions: Eastcoastin

·
Ruger Aficionado
1,101 Posts
Ruger's are a bit rough and tumble. I would prefer to see it in person before making any judgement. I would be really surprised to see a crack at that location without some sort of mechanical abuse like prying or hammering. I have little doubt Ruger would replace it, if that is an actual crack from a manufactured flaw.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have access to some Magnaflux it would be relatively simple to tell. Barring that, I'm not sure if that is a weak area on Ruger's (not too many of those anyway).

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't think it's a crack by looking at your pic. I'd say casting mark on a mass produced part. As said, I don't think it's uncommon. Shoot and enjoy. It will outlast your grandkids. Send your pic to Ruger if it bothers you. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts