·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
NCG that’s another beauty as well

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Thank-you. A standard OM Single Six was my first ever handgun and the only handgun I shot for several years. Put thousands of rounds through that Single Six and although I've owned a great many other 22 LR revolvers over the years, that old Single Six is what always comes to mind whenever the topic turns to 22 revolvers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought my Single Six at the Thule Air Base BX in 1960...shot it and sold it, replaced it with another, and another.🙂 Wish I still had it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I ran across this Ruger yellow box while searching for something else in the house, it’s a stainless single six I bought in the early 90’s I just thought it interesting it was 199.00 back then just as the price for a wrangler today is 199.00 give or take
In 1970 I lusted for a Ruger Single Six brand new in the box at my local hardware store. It was listed at $45.99.

I couldn't afford that much as a high-school kid washing dishes for $1.60/hr.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought mine about 10 years ago with both cylinders. Great shooter and it really surprises when I change over to the .22 Mag.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Maybe another older shooter can help me out here, but I seem to remember seeing the Ruger Single-six revolvers for sale at the msrp of $64.25 back in the early 1960's. :)
The MSRP for the new 1957 Single Six I received as a gift that year was $63.25. I still have it; it is the well-used center Single Six in this image with my 1955 "Flatgate" (top) and 1958 "Lightweight" (bottom) Single Sixes.

Reactions: wproct and JPGLSG
21 - 27 of 27 Posts