Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know if Ruger will offer a Single TEN with a 6.5 or 7.5" barrel? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Haven't heard such rumors, but no reason they couldn't, of course. I personally love the 5 1/2" on my Single Ten and think Ruger got it right to go with that length to start. Has always been my favorite length on a Single Six. If you go with the Single Nine in 22 mag you can get your 6 1/2", though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ruger.com has a tell the CEO link where you can submit your suggestions. Tell him. If they hear it enough, you'll get your wish.

Anything is possible. The Single Ten is just another variant in their long-running Single Six line that's had more variants than anybody could possibly count.

I'm tending to suspect 6.5 & 7.5" barrels are not a high priority, given that the SA .22 revolver market is already a tiny niche (which is already dominated by Ruger).

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I have my doubts that they will add a longer barreled Single Ten to the line.
I own one and really think the 5.5 inch barrel is the perfect length for that gun.

Frankly I was surprised the Single Nine got a longer barrel, but perhaps it works better with the 22WMR.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I have my doubts that they will add a longer barreled Single Ten to the line.
I own one and really think the 5.5 inch barrel is the perfect length for that gun.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Frankly I was surprised the Single Nine got a longer barrel, but perhaps it works better with the 22WMR.
Makes sense, seeing how the Single Nine is made for hunting/vermin control and extra sight radius would be a benefit there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I wonder why Ruger offers the Single Six in a 4.62, 5.5, 6.5 and 9.5" barrel while the Single Ten is only offered in the 5.5"? Doesn't seem like there would be a huge incremental cost in offering the Single Ten with more barrel length options. One would think if it's worthwhile on the Single Six line it would be worthwhile on the Single Ten line as well. Then again Ruger might be preparing to whittle down the Single Six barrel length selection, much like they have done with their 22/45 pistols.

The reason I asked in the first place is that Ruger sponsors rimfire shooting competition for both long guns and handguns. The longer sight radius would be of benefit -- just as it would be in just about any sort of target/hunting application.

I'm sure that down the road a distributor like Lipsey's will order a batch in a 6.5" barrel as they have already done with the 4.62" barrel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger.com has a tell the CEO link where you can submit your suggestions. Tell him. If they hear it enough, you'll get your wish.

Anything is possible. The Single Ten is just another variant in their long-running Single Six line that's had more variants than anybody could possibly count.

I'm tending to suspect 6.5 & 7.5" barrels are not a high priority, given that the SA .22 revolver market is already a tiny niche (which is already dominated by Ruger).
Thanks. I sent them a note and they replied quickly. They said there were no plans but that they would forward my note to their marketing department. For the type of shooting I do, the absence of a ~6.5"+ barrel keeps me from buying a Single Ten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts