Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Nice !! Are the Single 9 and single 10 the same gun with changeable cylinders ? Or completely different guns ?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Very nice looker 303!

Let me know what you think of the Hi-Viz front sights when you shoot it. I've been thinking about getting some for my "Single Six"...my eyes have gotten older on me or the targets have gotten smaller one. :rolleyes:

Good luck and happy shootin'! :)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
If you want convertible, you'll need to go with a Single Six. The Single Ten and Single Nine are different guns, one a ten shot and the other a nine shot.

Lithgow, glad you got that '73 SD. The heck with the book.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Very nice looker 303!

Let me know what you think of the Hi-Viz front sights when you shoot it. I've been thinking about getting some for my "Single Six"...my eyes have gotten older on me or the targets have gotten smaller one. :rolleyes:

Good luck and happy shootin'! :)
I bought a Single Ten a couple of months ago. The Hi-Viz sights work fine in sunlight, but at the range we shoot from under a roof and there's not enough ambient light to make the sights glow. I'd be better off with white dots in that situation.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want convertible, you'll need to go with a Single Six. The Single Ten and Single Nine are different guns, one a ten shot and the other a nine shot.

Lithgow, glad you got that '73 SD. The heck with the book.
So the convertible shoots six rounds of either the 22 or 22 mag?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a Single Ten a couple of months ago. The Hi-Viz sights work fine in sunlight, but at the range we shoot from under a roof and there's not enough ambient light to make the sights glow. I'd be better off with white dots in that situation.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I may shoot this in the Div 1 Fall contest.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
So the convertible shoots six rounds of either the 22 or 22 mag?
Yup, once you change the cylinder. Both the 22 mag and 22 LR cylinder in the SS convertible are six shots, so no timing issues when changing cylinders. My guess is that making the Single Ten a convertible would have been cutting the wall pretty thin with a ten shot mag cylinder, since mags have a slightly larger case. Of course, maybe they just wanted all of us ST owners buy another gun, too. :)

Congrats on your SD, not to mention your ST. Terrific revolver.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, once you change the cylinder. Both the 22 mag and 22 LR cylinder in the SS convertible are six shots, so no timing issues when changing cylinders. My guess is that making the Single Ten a convertible would have been cutting the wall pretty thin with a ten shot mag cylinder, since mags have a slightly larger case. Of course, maybe they just wanted all of us ST owners buy another gun, too. :)

Congrats on your SD, not to mention your ST. Terrific revolver.
Thanks for the compliment and thanks for the info. I've been collecting guns for 40 plus years but revolvers are new to me.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine is approaching a year old. If I were to find a fault with it, personally I'd prefer thicker grips. Aside from that minor issue, every SA 22 caliber revolver lover needs one of these.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Nice gun there. I bought one last summer and shot it in the 25 yard rimfire pistol div in the Summer Contest. The ST was very accurate but I wasn't!

I bought a gun today too. Went to the LGS to look for a 10/22 Sporter and came home with a Marlin 29A - how did that happen.;)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is approaching a year old. If I were to find a fault with it, personally I'd prefer thicker grips. Aside from that minor issue, every SA 22 caliber revolver lover needs one of these.

I'm thinking a nice bone or antler grip would be nice.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice gun there. I bought one last summer and shot it in the 25 yard rimfire pistol div in the Summer Contest. The ST was very accurate but I wasn't!

I bought a gun today too. Went to the LGS to look for a 10/22 Sporter and came home with a Marlin 29A - how did that happen.;)
Might be like me. I stopped at the lgs looking for a Winchester 62.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I should have typed Marlin 39A

I posted some pics in another thread

·
Administrator
23,041 Posts
That is a fine looking revolver and as to the bone grips the ones on it look great. I wouldn't want to change them out.

Post up a range report when you get a chance to shoot it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice Ten there, 303.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a fine looking revolver and as to the bone grips the ones on it look great. I wouldn't want to change them out.

Post up a range report when you get a chance to shoot it.
I'm thinking of shooting it later this week in the Div 1 contest. I did quite poorly with the Walthers.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm thinking of shooting it later this week in the Div 1 contest. I did quite poorly with the Walthers.
Now you have five shots more than you need..... :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts