Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a speed and security six several years ago and hadn't looked at others till this year. Since june I have bought 8 more, all in excellent condition, four with original boxes. These came from private sellers, gun shops and gun shows. I sold some semis and acessories I no longer had interest in and was going to bank the money but decided otherwise. I was offered $1800 for my 4" blued python and thought of selling it to fund my six series addiction, but knew I would regret it later. Still on the hunt for other variations. Guess there are worse addictions. Love these revolvers.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I hear ya bud. I sold some rifles to fund my addiction. I only have 4, but I'm always in the hunt for more. They just don't surface much where I live.
They say by admitting your addiction you're one step closer to recovery. I say they're full of buffalo-chips because I still want more. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
My addiction is so bad that I saw a ss speed six with a 2/34 barrel on gunbroker for $600 and if they would take a credit card I would probably own it by now, even though I know it's wrong to pay such a price, but sometimes addictions will make you do things you know you shouldn't

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations mate, there are certainly worse addictions. :D

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Returning to shooting after 36 years, I wanted a 4" S&W 686 to replace the Model 19 I owned back in the 1970's.

I went to a local gun shop to see about the 686 and was told they were back-ordered and it would be a long wait to get one.

Under the glass counter I spotted a beautiful 4" stainless steel revolver. I asked and was told it was a 1982 Ruger Security Six on consignment, and in like new condition.

Honestly, I had never heard of a Security Six, but as soon as I picked it up I knew it would do nicely. What a beautiful gun!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Honestly, I had never heard of a Security Six, but as soon as I picked it up I knew it would do nicely. What a beautiful gun!
My story is similar. When I picked up my first Six it reminded me of a 66 I foolishly traded in my younger days. I was hoping this purchase would fill that void and it did... above and beyond. Not to long after I realized the strength advantage clearly went to the Six, as I reminisced of my 66 I recall having to replace a few key parts that worn down from continuous shooting. I'm not seeing this looseness develop on my Six guns. They continue to stay tight after hundreds and hundreds of rounds. a real plus because I love to shoot and with the Six these worries continue to fade. They really are an underrated masterpiece.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
My story is similar. When I picked up my first Six it reminded me of a 66 I foolishly traded in my younger days. I was hoping this purchase would fill that void and it did... above and beyond. Not to long after I realized the strength advantage clearly went to the Six, as I reminisced of my 66 I recall having to replace a few key parts that worn down from continuous shooting. I'm not seeing this looseness develop on my Six guns. They continue to stay tight after hundreds and hundreds of rounds. a real plus because I love to shoot and with the Six these worries continue to fade. They really are an underrated masterpiece.
The Six I found looked almost new and at first behaved like a new gun that had not been "broken in" yet. I've put a few hundred rounds through it in the past 8 months and it is cycling better and better. They are well built guns, which is great considering parts availability for our "obsolete" guns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picked up this little cutie at a pawn shop a couple weeks ago,
$350'oo out the door! .. near new condition*
... I want more' MORE' MORE. :D
That is beautiful! I would have jumped on that one, too.

Man, the pawn shops around here suck - I never run across finds like that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts