Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 2nd time in a year, while cleaning moved something that jammed the slide 1/2 way shut. Now cannot move it either way. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Which of the many models of Ruger pistols are we talking about .

My mind reading app is down and details might matter .
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Barnabas-> Welcome. Greetings from Ohio...nice looking little dog in avatar.
*Please provide make, model, photo(if possible) and further information when possible.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I put out call to Kreskin………
Kreskin ... Do you mean the Amazing Kreskin ?
I haven't heard his name mentioned in probably 20 years ... Yeah , that guy was just ... Amazing !
Thanks for the Mental Flash Back to 1970 - 1980 Tonight show appearances ... he must have appeared on the show a gazillion (or at least 50 ) times !
... The Amazing Kreskin ... he was / is amazing ... I think he's still alive and well .
Gary

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Kreskin ... Do you mean the Amazing Kreskin ?
That’s the one. Along with all the Tonight Show appearances I thought he had a little 1/2 hour show at one time. I know he left me saying HUH?? quite often.

Reactions: gwpercle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What make and model gun are we talking about?
O, so sorry men, was very tired and aggravated when I wrote this. Ruger American 9mm Pro Model.
What make and model gun are we talking about?
O.....sorry men, was very tired when writing this.
Ruger American 9mm Pro Model. The one on top with the takedown lever faded.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Apologies for being flippant. Often brand new guys post a single post and vanish into the ethernet never to post again. My experience is with 1911s and Woodsmans, afraid I don’t know anything about your Ruger. My crystal ball has gone dark. However, my wag would be something to do with a recoil spring guide if it’s got one. Reassembled incorrectly after a cleaning? In poking around I saw something about a 9mm Ruger recall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What did you do the first time it happened?
I bought it back to the gun shop where I bought (Hoffman's Newington Ct.) but nobody there could unlock it so they sent it back to Ruger. Got it back in just 2 days working perfect but no explaination with it. We, sent it back Again but nothing thus far. 5days Was reading about a recall on these because the slide gets prematurely worn out. ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apologies for being flippant. Often brand new guys post a single post and vanish into the ethernet never to post again. My experience is with 1911s and Woodsmans, afraid I don’t know anything about your Ruger. My crystal ball has gone dark. However, my wag would be something to do with a recoil spring guide if it’s got one. Reassembled incorrectly after a cleaning? In poking around I saw something about a 9mm Ruger recall.
Thanks 🙂 something else to check out. 👍

1 - 20 of 42 Posts