Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Slip 2000 on my Glock’s. How will it do for all around use on my new REDHAWK? Or something better??
Thanks

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,903 Posts
Your Redhawk doesn't care. Any quality lube that won't gum up will be fine. That brute of a revolver needs little in the way of special care to perform great for a lifetime of shooting.

·
Premium Member
14,059 Posts
Should work fine..............

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank heaven. I thought I must have been the only curmudgeon left. Something about that smell reminds me of my youth and sitting with dad cleaning our guns. I tried Butches bore shine once. Heard it done a better job at removing copper fouling. And it may very well have done better. But the smell was awful. Lol.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,903 Posts
I must be the only man left who uses Hoppes #9 and 3N1 oil.
I have other solvents, but Hoppes #9 is my "go to" that gets used first. I love the smell. I grew up cleaning cleaning three guns every time I visited my grandmother's home. Hoppes and 3N1 oil were what I always used. The smell of 3N1 brings back memories. It worked well, and I have both of my grandfather's pistols and my grandma's .22 rifle today. I use Either Hoppes gun oil or Rem Oil these days.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use Slip 2000 on everything, I buy the gallon to refill the spray bottle. I use their Carbon Cutter on stainless guns, fastest cleanup after a Cowboy match. Just don't use the Carbon Cutter on blued guns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use Slip 2000 on everything, I buy the gallon to refill the spray bottle. I use their Carbon Cutter on stainless guns, fastest cleanup after a Cowboy match. Just don't use the Carbon Cutter on blued guns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have the Slip 2000 LPC, do you recommend changing to Carbon Cutter for the stainless Ruger? If so no problem just asking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts