Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.223 pmc cases fired once in new Ar.556. I clean my sizing die after each use and it is not old. I use imperial sizing wax and graphite neck lube. While trimming I noticed this small dent in the neck. Never seen it before.any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
That dent is USUALLY caused by too much lube or a stopped up vent hole

·
Registered
549 Posts
Is this happening from firing the gun or is it occurring as you size the brass? If they come out of the gun that way your ejector is worn and needs to be replaced. If this is occurring during sizing, there is too much lube on the brass. Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it. Keep yer powder dry.........robin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me that looks like where the empty casing is bouncing off the brass deflector on your rifle.
Thought about that because of all the brass colored scaring on the defector but never noticed it before but this is a new rifle!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this happening from firing the gun or is it occurring as you size the brass? If they come out of the gun that way your ejector is worn and needs to be replaced. If this is occurring during sizing, there is too much lube on the brass. Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it. Keep yer powder dry.........robin
Not sure because I noticed it while trimming. I'll be checking next time out. Rifle is new,extractor/ ejector are fine

·
Registered
301 Posts
What are U worried about

No it is not normal and I would seek the cause, but I would not worry about it enough to trash the cases UNLESS you see other bad signs.

IMHO

·
Registered
981 Posts
To me that looks like where the empty casing is bouncing off the brass deflector on your rifle.
I suspect this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts