Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so easy ..so dumb to just now discover it ..and why have I not read about this before ..maybe because my age is moving me to the "need" for help with small print

Point in case ..allergies killing me I get some allergy nasal spray and the print explaining the dosage recommendation is the size of the letters of the lords prayer engraved in the head of a 22 long rifle!

Can't find my magnifying glass ..so in need of the medication I think of my cell phone camera in my pocket and it's ability to "zoom in" ..makes things closer ..or in this case something already close becomes really big ..I can't believe how long I've needed this help from time to time and had it in my pocket all a long

Bear

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Ha! I get it. The cell phone trick does work well. But I still think companies are making the print smaller every year in order to save money on ink. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
No, I think they have a deal with glasses makers and get a cut of glasses sold! And I've used the cell phone magnifyer trick once or twice. I also have a pair of reading glasses that fit in my pocket. They are called ThinOptics and work great.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yup, print is getting smaller. Pill bottles of all things are getting bigger and the sticker is tiny print. Spray paint can directions you have a selection of 3 languages all micro print, how about printing it the length of the can ? 💡

·
Cat Herder
1,554 Posts
It's also that there is more being printed on everything. More languages (a North America marketed item will be in English, Spanish, and French) and more warnings (all the "do not" and "not for" warnings). I get having multiple languages based on where items are released, but I think some of the "small print" is breaking Darwinism.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
It's also that there is more being printed on everything. More languages (a North America marketed item will be in English, Spanish, and French) and more warnings (all the "do not" and "not for" warnings). I get having multiple languages based on where items are released, but I think some of the "small print" is breaking Darwinism.
Watch what you say, there is a certain segment of our population that eats laundry detergent ...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've been using that magnifier app for a few years now having to check for that Xylitol to make sure it is not in the peanut butter I get... which is mostly for the dogs. Definitely comes in handy. I noticed the 4473 has been getting harder to read every year too. lol

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Pumpkins have lips? Who knew?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Any product available for sale with warning labels on it means product was involved in a law suit. Look a t a hairdryer: do not use in shower. People were dumb enough to do that. Next time in a home improvements store look at all the labels on a ladder or a five gallon plastic bucket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts