Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dogs out this week. It was good to watch the pups learn from their siblings and dad. Got a few caught and had one smart coyote run a ditch for about 1/2 to 3/4 mile and then vanish. I bet next time he either lays down and let's us drive by or he might start running from the first breeze blowing.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
my dogs out this week. It was good to watch the pups learn from their siblings and dad. Got a few caught and had one smart coyote run a ditch for about 1/2 to 3/4 mile and then vanish. I bet next time he either lays down and let's us drive by or he might start running from the first breeze blowing.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
That was some pretty fast field driving!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
RUGER
75 Posts
SOUTH CAROLINA BLACK COYOTES

Have you ever seen BLACK Coyotes . I bagged these two Black Coyotes at 100 yards with a Ruger 10 /22 Rifle & the CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated hollow point but there is still more Black Coyotes on my Trail Cameras. The Small Coyote Pup bottom was taken by a friend with has AR-15 Rifle .223 / 5.56 .

·
Registered
RUGER
75 Posts
Wow! You gonna process the hide? Worth a crapload of money if done right.
Are they worth anything ? I just left them for the buzzards and other predator's maggots' & blow fly 's. I guess I need to find out how to skin them and process the hides ,what are they worth each there is a pack of 8 to 10 in the area.

·
Registered
RUGER
75 Posts
I have to find someone in my area to teach me how to do the hides and share in the profits.

·
Registered
112 Posts
About 200 bucks when done can be sold up to 1000 bucks if with claws and in excellent shape
Please share where you are receiving these prices. Is there a furbuyer in your area that is paying this type of money for these hides? Is this the taxidermy market or the fur market

·
Registered
847 Posts
That all depends on quality of hides through the Fur bearing Association co ops in local area. The rarity of certain hides command good prices in a lot of areas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts