Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Rugers, but was wondering about your thoughts on these 2 for those that had, or do own one of these. I have experience with the model 52, and they are a target shooters dream, and the Gold Cup .38's have always peeked my interest. With that being said, I have seen a few of the Colt 1911 .38 mid-range Gold Cups on auction sites. So what have I been missing (if anything), not having the Colt besides the prancing pony roll mark, and lot's dollars?:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Shot bullseye in prep school and college. Back then I had a 52-1 (Also a Gold Cup in 45ACP and a S&W 41). I had a chance to shoot one of the Gold Cups in 38 Special (can't remember if it had the special AMU round or not). Anyway, it did not make me want to throw away my 52.

A couple of years ago I found a nice 52-2 in a LGS with box, papers, some extra parts and several mags. Brings back memories but these days the parts for them are becoming harder and harder to find.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Smith as for me I find 1911 extremely uncomfortable. I know this makes me odd but I also do not like the pointing qualities of a luger or a clot single action. I love the ruger xr3 red far better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts