Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a real gunsmith that specializes in Ruger Mini-14's. Anyone here know of a good, reputable, smith? Personal experience recommendation is preferred.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Accuracy Systems in Colorado .They advertise all over the web.
no testimonial........too pricey for me!

·
"The Real Deal"
6,379 Posts
Im with mike, they do specialize in mini's, about anything you want done, but it is pricey. I look at as you get what you pay for, and they build some sweet rifles. Have been itching to send one of mine in to have the caliber changed, new barrel match accurate, bedded, the whole 9 yards. My bank account level has kept me from doing so.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Accuracy Systems in Colorado .They advertise all over the web.
no testimonial........too pricey for me!
Just checked out their website. Boy, if I could pick up a used Mini 30 for like $500 I think I'd be in. New ones seem to be around $900?. $500 + ~$900 for their pkg = ~$1400. I'd be willing to pay $500 more for a Mini 30 that was a lights out shooter that seem like it would be basically a new rifle when they're done with it.

Now, to just be able to find that cheap used Mini 30.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If I was gong to have my Mini modded it would be with Accuracy Systems. But alas, I'm poor and my own trigger job works well. LOL

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Just checked out their website. Boy, if I could pick up a used Mini 30 for like $500 I think I'd be in. New ones seem to be around $900?. $500 + ~$900 for their pkg = ~$1400. I'd be willing to pay $500 more for a Mini 30 that was a lights out shooter that seem like it would be basically a new rifle when they're done with it.

Now, to just be able to find that cheap used Mini 30.
I bet you could find it. I got a Tactical model recently (583) for $600.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Accuracy Systems...thanks.

Mine needs repairs. Long story but I think a local "gunsmith" screwed me...long story. I've never seen such an unregulated trade as gunsmith.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am looking for a real gunsmith that specializes in Ruger Mini-14's. Anyone here know of a good, reputable, smith? Personal experience recommendation is preferred.
I have used Accuracy systems (twice)and they do great work. They are pricey but if you have an issue they will listen to you and try to get it right.

kwg

·
Registered
105 Posts
+1 for Accuracy Systems. I had them do the trigger in mine, very happy with how it came out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts