Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is! I still haven't had an opportunity to try it out, but hopefully this week. This piece has a great feel to it. I am excited to try it out. The trigger feels excellent and the quality certainly seems to be present! Enjoy a few pics ;)

·
Fistful of Dollars
440 Posts
I handled one yesterday that my FFL buddy just got in. Very similar in width and grip to my XDs. If I didn't have the XDs I would entertain the idea as it seems to have as good a trigger as my full size M&P 9. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I picked up a regular M&P9 a week or so ago for a range gun and possibly winter carry.
If your Shield ejects like my full size, picking up brass at the range will be easy as it mostly lands at your feet.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,897 Posts
Congrats Neon Horse! I've handled a few at a LGS and like the thinner single stack design for CCW. The 40S&W version really tempts me but I'm happy enough with my SR40C for now. You have the safety version, right? There's also one without the manual safety isn't there? Or am I thinking of another gun?

Nice looking pistol - enjoy!

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waveform- I don't know about the safety. I think it's the larger M&Ps. I believe the Shield comes with the safety.

And thanks all for the nice words and comments!

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got my Shield 9 July 2012, I have found I do not like the 7 roung magazine so I have ordered some more 8 round magazines. Other than that I have had no issues with it.
To the best of my knowledge the Shield comes with a thumb safety, the full size comes with and without thumb safety.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Here it is! I still haven't had an opportunity to try it out, but hopefully this week. This piece has a great feel to it. I am excited to try it out. The trigger feels excellent and the quality certainly seems to be present! Enjoy a few pics ;)

Congrats! I've heard nothing but good things about the Shield.

Enjoy!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,897 Posts
Well OK - see, I learn something here all the time. Seems I was wrong about the Shield and the safety but then I've been married for 30 years so I'm used to being wrong about lots of stuff.

Still stand by my other comments - nice looking pistol!

·
Registered
587 Posts
You will love it! Mine is fastly becoming my favorite.

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all!

You will love it! Mine is fastly becoming my favorite.
What are you finding that makes it so favorable? I hear it's very shoot-able for a subcompact. I do like its ergonomics and quality. I also like that it came with 2 mags- each with a slightly different function.

·
Registered
587 Posts
What are you finding that makes it so favorable?
How fun it is to shoot due to it's size, and how deadly accurate it is/I am with it.

DR

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How fun it is to shoot due to it's size, and how deadly accurate it is/I am with it.

DR
Hey! I like that response! I cannot wait to get it to the range. So far I am glad I swapped the PF9 for this. Thanks for sharing drinva!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've had mine when they first came out and love it. Trigger pull is good and love carrying it in my Harley vest pocket. I did put the Talon rubber grip on it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I put the black grit style Talon Grip on mine. How do you like the rubber? I've never tried the rubber ones from Talon, I liked the grit ones so well I was afraid to try the rubber.....

DR

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had mine when they first came out and love it. Trigger pull is good and love carrying it in my Harley vest pocket. I did put the Talon rubber grip on it.

I put the black grit style Talon Grip on mine. How do you like the rubber? I've never tried the rubber ones from Talon, I liked the grit ones so well I was afraid to try the rubber.....
I will check out the Talon grip. I like the Harley vest idea. I ride as well. Thanks for the ideas! I want to find a better holster for it, too. All I have as the moment is a general Uncle Mikes. It works, but I would like something nicer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Talon Grips are the best thing I've ever added to any of my handguns, with thew exception of new sights. Absolutely love them. Very inexpensive and really feel nice shooting in hand.

DR

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the sights on it right now. I see many people swapping them out, but I will try these first. Any holster recommendations?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts