Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Model 69 on order for 5 months at my local gun shop. My question is are these handguns that hard to find? And if so Why would that BE?? Thank-you to all who answer

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would check Davidson's Gallery of Guns and see if they have one in stock. If they do, then search for local dealers that is listed with them and you can have that gun in less then a week. You will also know what the total price will be when you walk out of your local gun shop with the gun in hand.
I have gotten better prices when dealing with Davidson's and you still are dealing with a local shop and Davidson's has a lifetime warranty on the gun to the original buyer.

They may be in short supply, I just checked Davidson's for you and the model 69 44 mag. is out of stock.

RELH

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
S&W revolver production tends to be spotty, overall, and that particular revolver has been in high demand ever since it was introduced. Hang in, there.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If I'm looking for a hard to find model, I look on "Gunwatcher". It's a search engine website. They list several available. The cheapest is Kygunco at $703 and is in stock. I've never ordered from them, but have read plenty of good reviews. Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S&W Model 69

I am having a problem finding a S&W model 69. Have had one on order since May at my local gun shop. I was coming home from hunting camp today and stopped at a gun shop just for giggles and low and behold there was a 69!!!
Well to make a long story short I bought it on the spot,with the blessings of my wife. So I am now a happy camper!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will definitely have pics and a range report when I take this beauty to the range. I have noticed that the single action pull is very good and the grip is well designed. A more detailed report to follow!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts