Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lot of fun today (despite the cold)! I have a 77/50 that I had put a .209 ignition conversion in. Well, I had a whole lot of .50 cal round balls that are old as the hills, as well as several #10 caps, and some Pyrodex P, and now I have no revolver to shoot it up in, having sold it to a forum member here. SO, I put the percussion cap breechplug back in, took the scope off, and went and shot up most of the .50 cal balls. Used about 60 grains of Pyrodex P. Soft on the shoulder, and pretty decently accurate! I forgot just how much fun blackpowder is! And, even though this is an in-line, it is about as close to the old sidelocks as a modern in line can get. Also shot the old model Blackhawk in .41 Mag. Don't know if my hands were too cold or what, but I did not do as well with it. I usually do very good with this gun, but not today. But, I do that sometimes. I might shoot like a house afire one day and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the next! Yesterday I had a wild hair and shot my 10/22 and MK 2! Got to go to Louisville tomorrow, and then go to work, so no more shooting this week!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Smoke Wagons....

Man I heard smoke wagons and I thought this was gonna be about Barbeque...
sheesh. :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't take any pics today. The wife worked (clearing a briar patch with the DR field and brush mower) while I shot! Now there is a woman for ya! I didn't really have any targets to brag over either, so I did not even take a pic of them. But I did have fun, and I wanted to let you guys know about it. (And yeah, I took my turn on the DR too, before any of you guys make any smart comments!)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I like that idea the wife works and you go shooting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gunman. What are you using for a scope? Have you had an problems with your conversion? Have you tried any sabot loads yet? Thanks, Alaskanbill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts