Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palmetto State Armory is my favorite online ammo source. Check out their deal on this PMC 223A 55gr FMJ 20rd box target ammo @ $6.79 a box! :D:D:D

PMC 223A 55gr FMJ 20rd box

·
Banned
89 Posts
That is best I have seen any where, but the max you can buy is 100.i was gonna see what price they would do. Luckily I have been getting ae tactical 55 fmj and RORG 5.56 for 25 $ /100. Needless to say I stocked up.wish I could share hookup but is old family connection. Seen any brass 7.62x39 cheap. Have mini30 that will not shoot steel(even with accuracy systems heavy spring kit

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is best I have seen any where, but the max you can buy is 100.i was gonna see what price they would do. Luckily I have been getting ae tactical 55 fmj and RORG 5.56 for 25 $ /100. Needless to say I stocked up.wish I could share hookup but is old family connection. Seen any brass 7.62x39 cheap. Have mini30 that will not shoot steel(even with accuracy systems heavy spring kit
100 boxes of that is 2,000 rounds! :eek: That's a lot of ammon (for me) to buy in one purchase! Although, I have bought over a 1,000 before.

All they've currently got in brass 7.62x39 is: $9.99 per box of 20.

Prvi Partizan 7.62 x 39 123gr SP PP7.33 - 7.62x39mm - Rifle Ammunition - Ammunition

But they are a high volume dealer and they restock often.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
These guys are located just 45 minutes from my house. I should make it a point to swing by sometime and check them out. The local ACE Hardware here is sort of a one-stop-shop (a high-end Walmart, if you will) and they carry a good assortment of guns and ammunition (especially long guns and hunting supplies). They're currently selling American Eagle AR Tactical .223 for $6.99 per box. The PMC deal at Palmetto armory is a better deal. Might have to drive over tomorrow and pay them a visit.

Thanks for the heads-up! I love it that they're so close. I won't have to pay for shipping! WOOT! :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
thanks,

I bought 300 rounds of these on sale at Dick's for just under $7 a box to break in my AR15. It was clean burning and clean brass. All fired good, no malfunctions and made nice little holes in the target at 100 yards with my 1 in 7 twist barrel. I think I'll order some more here now! Thanks.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads-up! I love it that they're so close. I won't have to pay for shipping! WOOT! :D
You're welcome and I'm jealous, but their shipping prices are fair.

I've run a lot of PMC through my AR with nary a hitch. Brass cased and burns pretty clean.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Pretty good price, cheapest I have seen is about $7. I have an order processing with them now when they had free shipping last week, apparently I am saving about 6 bucks in shipping with my current order of Prvi Partisan at $7 per box. When I first got my Rem 700, I bought 12 boxes at $7 a box, not thinking much of it. Tried to find some .223 a few months ago and I couldnt find cheaper than $9, $8.6 per 20 in a 100 pack

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty good price, cheapest I have seen is about $7. I have an order processing with them now when they had free shipping last week, apparently I am saving about 6 bucks in shipping with my current order of Prvi Partisan at $7 per box. When I first got my Rem 700, I bought 12 boxes at $7 a box, not thinking much of it. Tried to find some .223 a few months ago and I couldnt find cheaper than $9, $8.6 per 20 in a 100 pack
I like that Prvi Partisan stuff. I bought either 500 or 1,000 rounds of it last year. I recently found several boxes I had stashed in my old range bag. :D

I've got a 700 SPS in 308. I've found with it, changing ammo brands makes a huge difference on point of impact. Is your 223 as sensitive?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My friend who is a FFL dealer has sold me the PMC like you mention for $6 a box. It is not bad general purpose ammo (Korean made) and shoots well in my Stag Model 1 with no issues.

The only issue that I have had with it is when shooting at 600 yds, some of the rounds would drop sub-sonic before they hit the target causing very inconsistent results in accuracy. The guys at the pit said it was strange to hear the crack just before inpact. It was accurate enough for me at 300 yds and less.
At this price, it certainly is a good all around ammo and great for SD purposes.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend who is a FFL dealer has sold me the PMC like you mention for $6 a box. It is not bad general purpose ammo (Korean made) and shoots well in my Stag Model 1 with no issues.

The only issue that I have had with it is when shooting at 600 yds, some of the rounds would drop sub-sonic before they hit the target causing very inconsistent results in accuracy. The guys at the pit said it was strange to hear the crack just before inpact. It was accurate enough for me at 300 yds and less.
At this price, it certainly is a good all around ammo and great for SD purposes.
I've never shot my AR beyond 200 yards. I've got a 3x magnifier on my red dot and without more magnification I can't see well enough to shoot beyond that anyway.

That's why I marvel at the pioneers that would shoot 1,000 yards without optics.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just picked up a can of Federal XM193(420 rounds) at Wally World for 159.00 in a regular ammo can. Of course it took visiting 3 stores to find it in stock. My local Wallyworld usally carries the 62 grn. penetrator rounds(XM855 420 rnds. for 164.00 a can. He has 6 cans on order and I'm just waitin for their arrival. These are the best prices I can find even after including tax.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cabela's has American Eagle 223, 55 Grain, FMJ for $6.99. I purchased 500 rounds for $174.75. If you have a Cabela's VISA, S&H is FREE. No Cabela's store is your state means no tax on your order. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I like that Prvi Partisan stuff. I bought either 500 or 1,000 rounds of it last year. I recently found several boxes I had stashed in my old range bag. :D

I've got a 700 SPS in 308. I've found with it, changing ammo brands makes a huge difference on point of impact. Is your 223 as sensitive?
Well it seemed to like the Rem UMC a lot, secondly I got a 100 box of AE AR223 and the factory stuff was ok, nothing great though, I think it shot less consistently then the Rem but I am getting them for something to reload mostly so I only shoot factory when I need another batch of 100 cases. I reloaded in between so I couldnt compare the Rem and AE back to back. I did notice though, when I reloaded with old bulk Win 55g FMJBT vs 55gr Hornady Z Max, there was a pretty big change in POI. The Z Max shoots higher and to the right. I can understand the bullet having a better BC, shooting higher, but to the right was confusing to me but I am out of the FMJBT and only shoot the Z-Max now. The Rem cases were a little bit of trial and error (my errors, not the cases), but I was assure you that a V/Z Max bullet, 26.5gr Varget, just neck sizing (partial full lenght I guess since I do not have neck sizing dies), those AE cases, and the bullet loaded as far out as possible acheived amazing accuracy in my Rem 700 Varmint. I am still learning rifle techniques, mostly being consistent, but my GF and I have had great 3 shot groups where the bullets are all touching, just not as consistent on the 5 shot groups. I hope the Prvi P cases are just as accurate but I'm not worried

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just picked up a can of Federal XM193(420 rounds) at Wally World for 159.00 in a regular ammo can. Of course it took visiting 3 stores to find it in stock. My local Wallyworld usally carries the 62 grn. penetrator rounds(XM855 420 rnds. for 164.00 a can. He has 6 cans on order and I'm just waitin for their arrival. These are the best prices I can find even after including tax.
I see a lot of XM193 and M855 go on sale regularly. But both of those are steel core ammo piercing rounds which isn't allowed at any ranges near me. I've got 1,250 rounds of it sitting in my garage so I'm ready for the zombie invasion when it comes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just purchased 15 boxes of PMC Bronze .223 ammo from Cabela's for $5.99 a box. Free shipping with the VISA Club account. I've had good luck so far with the Bronze at the range in my Mini-14.

I ordered some of the PMC 5.56 X-TAC from Palmetto about a month ago. It was my first order after a suggestion from a friend. I only picked up like 4 boxes along with a couple boxes of 9mm Federal American Eagle ammo for my SR9c. They packed it in a large box with just a couple of pieces of brown filler paper. They didn't tape the ammo boxes or anything. When I received the package from them every single one of the PMC ammo was just bouncing around the inside of the big box. I emailed them to let them know of the situation and they never even responded to my email.

Not sure I will trust to order from them again if they can't even take the time to acknowledge receipt of my email. I wasn't even complaining, just suggesting they might want to improve their shipping method on ammo. :mad:

·
Registered
132 Posts
jlh820:
The XM193 I have does not attract a magnet but the XM855 does. I believe the XM855 is designated as a penetrator round,ment to defeat body armor but not designated as armor piercing. At least ,that's what I understand the military classifies it as.
1200 rounds sounds like a good number to stash away for zombies,as long as you have enough magazines, unless your one hell of a speedloader.

·
Registered
418 Posts
M193 is getting to expensive for me to buy, so I am sticking to cheap steel ammo.
I pre-ordered some Wolf Military classic for $223 a case. Should be here is a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts