Ruger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in Dick's Sporting Goods to look at a few things and I noticed the 10/22 was on sale for Black Friday. They had a sign under the .22's and without my glasses I couldn't read it. I inquired and the clerk read the sign which said the gun could be bought at the $179.98 Black Friday price right then and now!

So without thinking about it I bought it. We did all the paperwork and when I went to pay I realized I didn't have enough cash and I also knew my debit card funds were low. The clerk asked if I had a store credit card and I said I did not. He said if I applied and was approved they would take 10% off my first purchase. So of course I applied, was accepted, and walked out of there paying $161.98 + tax.... Whoop!

Now I have to look through all these threads looking for the best ammo, higher capacity magazine, cheap but good scope, etc.

Merry Christmas to me! :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I was in Dick's Sporting Goods to look at a few things and I noticed the 10/22 was on sale for Black Friday. They had a sign under the .22's and without my glasses I couldn't read it. I inquired and the clerk read the sign which said the gun could be bought at the $179.98 Black Friday price right then and now!

So without thinking about it I bought it. We did all the paperwork and when I went to pay I realized I didn't have enough cash and I also knew my debit card funds were low. The clerk asked if I had a store credit card and I said I did not. He said if I applied and was approved they would take 10% off my first purchase. So of course I applied, was accepted, and walked out of there paying $161.98 + tax.... Whoop!

Now I have to look through all these threads looking for the best ammo, higher capacity magazine, cheap but good scope, etc.

Merry Christmas to me! :D
Thats the best deal I've seen in a few years.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the best deal I've seen in a few years.
Since I have only been in the market for a .22 rifle for a few weeks, I was thinking this was a pretty good deal but not real sure. I was leaning to a Marlin Model 60 but when I seen they had the 10/22 for $179 I bit.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got mine a week ago for $199 at Dick's. I thought that was a good deal. You really hit it lucky. Happy Holidays! :)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Great Deal. Congrats!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Grab some Ruger BX-25 mags, been running three real hard the last two months with no problems. I use Federal or Winchester bulk ammo, and avoid Remington bulk because very dirty and bullets so loose in the cases to cause feed problems

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grab some Ruger BX-25 mags, been running three real hard the last two months with no problems. I use Federal or Winchester bulk ammo, and avoid Remington bulk because very dirty and bullets so loose in the cases to cause feed problems

Yes, the BX-25 is on my list and thanks for the tip on the ammo. I am glad you said something about the Remington because that was what I was thinking about buying.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I have had mine for 27 years and still love to shoot it, put a couple hundred through it yesterday as a matter of fact.
As for ammo here is what works in mine, in order od accuracy at both 25 and 50 yds.
Remington buls
Winchester bulk
American Eagle
CCI stinger
The stingers were all over the place. I wouldn't use them for squirrel hunting head shots over 25 yds or rabbit over 50 yds. Basically I wouldn't hunt with them at all. I would do a squirrel head shot at 50 yds with the bulk stuff.
YMMV.
I still need to try some more variety's to see if I can get better accuracy still.
Darrell

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I have had mine for 27 years and still love to shoot it, put a couple hundred through it yesterday as a matter of fact.
As for ammo here is what works in mine, in order od accuracy at both 25 and 50 yds.
Remington buls
Winchester bulk
American Eagle
CCI stinger
The stingers were all over the place. I wouldn't use them for squirrel hunting head shots over 25 yds or rabbit over 50 yds. Basically I wouldn't hunt with them at all. I would do a squirrel head shot at 50 yds with the bulk stuff.
YMMV.
I still need to try some more variety's to see if I can get better accuracy still.
Darrell
I don't notice much differance in what I put through mine. They all eat everything except coned bullets. I don't shoot many Stingers.

My advice is to buy 50 rounds of everything out there that is common and figure out which one your gun likes.:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Remington is what I use. It seems to be quite accurate for bulk ammo out of my 10/22. I haven't had any trouble whatsoever feeding wise. It might be dirtier but I think it's fun to clean my gun and tear everything apart every time I clean it, trigger group and all. Remington might be dirty, but I have yet to see a clean .22

·
Registered
350 Posts
I thought (& still think) the 10/22 is a helluva deal at the $210 I paid. By those standards you practically stole the thing! ;) Congrats on your purchase, & enjoy!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats. Great deal and a great gun. Best price I have seen.
I thought (& still think) the 10/22 is a helluva deal at the $210 I paid. By those standards you practically stole the thing! ;) Congrats on your purchase, & enjoy!

Yep, I am pretty happy. I was probably going to get a Marlin 60 because it was cheaper.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got one wed. Nite also. 179 was cheapest deal I have seen. The best deal at the gun show intown this past weekend was like 189. . Looking forward to putting several thousand rounds thru it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here it is. I bought a carry case, some Federal ammo and a bore snake while there. We are going out tomorrow to break it in!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds and looks like a good deal. BX-25 mags can be picky with ammo, but the factory 10 round mags are worth their weight in gold. I plan on buying at least 4 more in the near future. I would highly recommend the extended mag release and Auto-bolt release

1 - 19 of 19 Posts