Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a couple few aa snap caps for 12 ga (after my previous post about azoom snap caps deteriorating pretty quickly). very nice ebay seller, and handled a glitch on my end very graciously, BUT one of them seems to be a couple microns too big-- sticks in the chamber. anybody else tried aa snap caps? any luck? any bad luck? i like the look and feel of these, and the brass does wear, but not as badly as the azoom, but i'm still a little disgruntled. 12ga snap caps aren't cheap for what they are. again, no complaints with seller, just with one of 4 caps. ???

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
so i got a couple few aa snap caps for 12 ga (after my previous post about azoom snap caps deteriorating pretty quickly). very nice ebay seller, and handled a glitch on my end very graciously, BUT one of them seems to be a couple microns too big-- sticks in the chamber. anybody else tried aa snap caps? any luck? any bad luck? i like the look and feel of these, and the brass does wear, but not as badly as the azoom, but i'm still a little disgruntled. 12ga snap caps aren't cheap for what they are. again, no complaints with seller, just with one of 4 caps. ???
arg0naut22, this is a sign unto you. Your destiny lies in the purchase of an O/U shotgun where the barbaric pump action cannot damage your precious snap caps. :p

Wave

P.S. Seriously, sorry to hear the brass ones aren't doing much better for you. I gave up on my son's 20ga snap caps after I saw what his 870 did to them. But they were the AZoom type. Man, those things are expensive for what they are. I hate seeing 20 bucks of aluminum get chewed up so fast.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arg0naut22, this is a sign unto you. Your destiny lies in the purchase of an O/U shotgun where the barbaric pump action cannot damage your precious snap caps. :p

Wave

P.S. Seriously, sorry to hear the brass ones aren't doing much better for you. I gave up on my son's 20ga snap caps after I saw what his 870 did to them. But they were the AZoom type. Man, those things are expensive for what they are. I hate seeing 20 bucks of aluminum get chewed up so fast.
yeah, eventually, i'm sure you're right. as of now, though, i'm averaging a new purchase roughly once a month. need to simmer down for awhile before next purchase. :-(

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about getting some of those Azooms, since they hold up pretty well in pistols, to learn how to handle my 870 left handed because of a right eye injury. I reckon I'll just spend the money on shells instead.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have some AZoom 12g. I've only cycled them maybe 10-12 times through the action but they are holding up other than a few scratches on the rim head. I mostly got them to learn about how the gun works, not daily practice or lots of dry firing. I would imagine anything will get beat up pretty quick if heavily used.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some AZoom 12g. I've only cycled them maybe 10-12 times through the action but they are holding up other than a few scratches on the rim head. I mostly got them to learn about how the gun works, not daily practice or lots of dry firing. I would imagine anything will get beat up pretty quick if heavily used.
probably true, but i've likely only cycled mine through maybe MAYBE a few dozen times and the rim heads are all beat up, the other edges are getting there, and i'm cleaning infinitessimal aluminum flecks out of the receiver. so far, the aa's are better in that regard EXCEPT for the one that's offsize slightly. i wouldn't b*tch, but the things ain't cheap. for the price, i expect heavily used to hold up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, I'll stick with a full box of ammo...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts