Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,543 Posts
Busted my arse shoveling snow this evening. A wet heavy snow ... snowblower kept bogging down because of the slush and ice.

Final Score ...
Rmichael63 [1]
Snowmaggeden [0]

And that's how you live in NEO ...
I was hoping it would melt. Its like right there on the edge of to plow or not to plow..... here in rural portage county.

· Registered
5,356 Posts
Busted my arse shoveling snow this evening. A wet heavy snow ... snowblower kept bogging down because of the slush and ice.

Final Score ...
Rmichael63 [1]
Snowmaggeden [0]

And that's how you live in NEO ...
I use to wax the living daylights out of my mounted Deere blowers, shoot, fan blades (on the 2 stage) and even the augers. It'd work good for awhile... Even used slip plate for awhile (had that on my V-Blade at work). Over-all, just found it much faster and better just using the blade on wet heavy snow. Threw my shovel away years ago... :)

· Registered
455 Posts
I got two inches yesterday. No biggie!

But 5 to 9 forecast for Wednesday. Now we're talking.

Get a snowblower. I got lucky and found an older guy who wasn't go to do it anymore.
I bought his well cared for 20 year old snowblower for $200.
No more arse busting. I can clear 1600 square feet in under an hour.

· Registered
16,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got two inches yesterday. No biggie!

But 5 to 9 forecast for Wednesday. Now we're talking.

Get a snowblower. I got lucky and found an older guy who wasn't go to do it anymore.
I bought his well cared for 20 year old snowblower for $200.
No more arse busting. I can clear 1600 square feet in under an hour.
I've got one, the snow was so wet and slushy yesterday, the augers and thrower blade kept getting all clogged up with ice and slush ...

The snow we got was perfect for snowball fights and snowman making ...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts