Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's anyone's guess how much snow we are getting in NJ but we are getting it. Bread and milk are predictably flying off the shelf, easier to find cci mini mags here. The sky has turned that ugly winter grey this a.m..

It looks like the storm is tracking through VA now. Wondering where the reports from our southeastern brethren are. Is anyone experiencing blizzard like conditions yet?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes it is here in Va now and still coming down. We are up to about 8-9" or so, 22° and a little icy and windy. We will send ya whatever is left :)

By the way my son is out in his Jeep playing and having a blast.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes it is here in Va now and still coming down. We are up to about 8-9" or so, 22° and a little icy and windy. We will send ya whatever is left :)

By the way my son is out in his Jeep playing and having a blast.
I see NOVEC is reporting 160,000 without power already. This must be some nasty blankety blank coming down.

EDIT: Man, I'm a Moron. Yes, with a capital M. Disregard NOVEC power outage. I read the chart wrong.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
It's January... what more do we expect? Snow happens :D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Snowpocalypse 2016?

We get them almost every week between late Dec and late Feb here.
No big deal! :rolleyes:

Last week I took 23" of accumulated snow off my driveway. :eek:
A few schools closed for one day and there wasn't a 'run' on anything but .22LR and Mag. are still scarce here. :confused:

It's anyone's guess how much snow we are getting in NJ but we are getting it. Bread and milk are predictably flying off the shelf, easier to find cci mini mags here. The sky has turned that ugly winter grey this a.m..

It looks like the storm is tracking through VA now. Wondering where the reports from our southeastern brethren are. Is anyone experiencing blizzard like conditions yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
blizzard in VA - looks 20-30" expected here

FYI,

I am in Alexandria VA and it's started snowing about 1:00pm. Not supposed to stop until Sunday morning - and the blizzard warning (meaning - it's gonna happen) has been in effect since yesterday.

Just glad we got all set up and don't need to be anywhere for a while! Gives me a chance to do some gunsmithing work I guess!

Be safe, all!

Adam

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Horrors they shut down the government. God must be a Republican. Looks dark here in west NJ Scorpio. Bought beer and have plenty of wood for the stove.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes, it's been snowing pretty hard in Southside. I can stand the snow but not the ice. They are predicting ice on top of the snow. The good thing is the longer and harder it snows, less ice we are supposed to get.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Per usual, everyone goes into panic mode with the mention of any storm. Be it 3" or 36" everyone acts like it's the snow to end the world. I gotta wonder how so many can always be so low on food to need to raid the supermarkets. Then consider they'll be homebound for maybe 2-3 days...not exactly a long time but gotta frenzy at the grocery store.
Best though is these larger storms hen power outages are likely an ppl load up on DVD's and then are in the dark, both literally and figuratively when they can't have the TV or any of those kitchen appliances. LoL They're lost! LoL

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
It is SNOW it happens each year around this time frame and each year the MEDIA blows it up to be the storm of a lifetime.

The Sheep have all gathered up all the food and water they will need to get through this and then some.

The Government will shut down for a week but the worker will still be paid for being home.

This is it the storm of a lifetime that is until the next one comes along.

·
One more gun
316 Posts
Ohio has had a very mild winter with low amounts of snow. Quite nice after two nasty winters. Thank you El Nino!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
about 4" on the ground since 1pm, i'm keeping with a beer per inch of snow, gonna get tough in the wee hours when i'm going to have to match the 3" per hour rate they are calling for....

representing the IAD / Northern Virginia ranks here.

all provisions and necessities were taken care of early in the week... we're good to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
blizzard in VA - looks 20-30" expected here

about 4" on the ground since 1pm, i'm keeping with a beer per inch of snow, gonna get tough in the wee hours when i'm going to have to match the 3" per hour rate they are calling for....

representing the IAD / Northern Virginia ranks here.

all provisions and necessities were taken care of early in the week... we're good to go.
I like your ratios - beer per inch - but that will require alot of beer prepped in advance - here in Alexandria, much like Sterling, we'll be getting some thundersnow overnight and into tomorrow - wish I had bought more beer already!

Going to probably spend some time gunsmithing over the snow days.

Adam

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here in the east tennessee mountains we are getting a nice steady snow. We have maybe 8" now. Pretty good one for us down here but we have had more. Not heard of any power outages or roof collapses yet so its still a nice pleasant time. Enough to make an excuse to stay out of work

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here in NJ it's the 20th Anniversary of the Blizzard of '96. We survived that one.
I just barely made it home alive from work that day (long story), and I was driving a 4x4 pickup.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts