1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
Ruger Shooter
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just loves me a snubbie.
Blue Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

The big boy is a 1974 Ruger Security Six .357 magnum. The little girl is a 1958 S&W .38 Terrier.

If you loves you a snubbie, let's see what you got ... gender reveal optional.

This thread is a companion to Big Revolver (3"+) Show-and-Tell

· Registered
6,950 Posts
I like those Security Six grips, I had 'em on 4 inch one years ago. My one negative about the SP / GP models.

· Corps Commander NGV
8,889 Posts
Just a plain little Rossi bought new around 1988 for $159.00. My wife managed a hardware store and two guys in a pickup truck followed her after locking up one night. This was pre cell phone days (for blue collar folks) and she was on dark ,empty roads. She wanted her own gun after that, and range time to get used to it. She chose the little Rossi .38spl and got proficient with it. It still resides in her closet loaded with XTP Hornady loads. It's always shot well for her. The little grips are too small for my hands.
Revolver Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
620 Posts
I've always been of big fan of snubbie revolvers. I think it's in part because as a kid watching TV and movies you saw them all the time. All the cool detectives carried one and many of the bad guys too. These days I just like the way they carry and all the new high-level .38 ammo for self-defense that's available. And there are so many choices in brands, calibers, grips, materials and finishes, everyone can find one they like.

I had a few others over the years but today these are my favorites. The J-Frames ... a Performance Center 642 Airweight and a 638 Airweight Bodyguard are my EDC / backup guns. And my newest, another Performance Center creation, a Model - 19 Carry Comp. The 19 was an impulse buy that I fell for on the spot and had to have it.

All three are wearing VZ 320 G-10 grips ... a big improvement over the stock grips. They really fit my big mitts much better. I'm a VZ fan ... highly recommended.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Kitchen utensil Tableware
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

· Registered
129 Posts
Just a plain little Rossi bought new around 1988 for $159.00. My wife managed a hardware store and two guys in a pickup truck followed her after locking up one night. This was pre cell phone days (for blue collar folks) and she was on dark ,empty roads. She wanted her own gun after that, and range time to get used to it. She chose the little Rossi .38spl and got proficient with it. It still resides in her closet loaded with XTP Hornady loads. It's always shot well for her. The little grips are too small for my hands.
View attachment 173966
View attachment 173965
I also have a Rossi .38, a Model 88 in ss, that I really like.......damned accurate for a snub nose as well. When I get a picture I'll post it.

· Registered
Hirschjäger
1,047 Posts
I've got two.

The first is my Stainless Pig, my first modern handgun and first carry gun. It's sporting it's Sack Peterson elk antler inserts:

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

The second is my newest acquisition, a 1960's-era Model 36 Chief's Special:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Aqualung

1 - 20 of 98 Posts