Ruger Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

· Registered
Ruger Shooter
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
@Armybrat, can you provide a little caption for each of your revolvers e.g., year, make and model?

I especially am interested in Pics 1 and 4; they're all real interesting though.

Reactions: Armybrat

· Registered
1,105 Posts
I might be off a year or two for each date…..
1 - S&W Model 38 Airweight .38 Special (1997)
2 - North American Arms Ranger II .22 magnum (2021)
3 - Ruger SP101 .357 (1993)
4 - S&W Model 36 .38 Special (1984)
5 - North American Arms .22 magnum (1988)

· Registered
Ruger Shooter
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

· Registered
23 Posts
Nice, 1stTime. Pretty and heavy duty at the same time. What are your plans for it, if I may ask?
I assume you are referring to the GP100 but either way both will be checked out at the range and possibly put into the EDC rotation. I have limitations due to the location of my employment. After I retire next year, I can carry anything I want. The other day I saw a young man carrying a desert eagle. He was a good size boy. Husky and tall. He had a pancake style holster and apparently, a very good belt, because it rode high and tight with little to no sagging. I was impressed.

· Registered
A few Rugers and some other firearms.
76 Posts
I haven't had a snub nose revolver since the 1980's when I started carrying a Colt Commander in .45ACP. Prior to the Commander I carried a 3'' S&W 13-3 round grip frame that I swapped a Colt Detective Special in on. The 13-3 with the factory grips chewed my hand up with magnum ammunition. That was the only gun that caused me to bleed when fired. A set of neoprine grips solved the bleeding problem, but muzzle blast and recoil were still severe and wanting more power than a .38spl I sold the S&W and bought the Commander which I've carried ever since. A snubbie .44spl. would have been the ticket in a revolver though.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts