Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copy cat, meaning a kid calls up the school and says he is going to bring a gun to school and shoot the place up.

3 so far in my area this week, 2 were rather quickly (same school district) solved and an arrests made, 1 someone overheard a conversation which sparked an investigation and school inspection and nothing found.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Yep had one, but he is in jail! Just a threat from a mad kid, so I reckon he is in a cooling off period:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've heard of at least one in this area where a kid text his mom and said there was someone at the school shooting. This was false but had police acting and parents freaked out. The whole school district ended up closing for Christmas break 3 days early just to avoid any other incidents. Parents were informed of the importance of talking to their kids about the severity of making false claims like that. I heard rumor of another but no comfimation.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
None.

We had an armed school resource officer drop a nut job with a gun here a couple of years ago. Been pretty quiet here since then.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Amazing

None.

We had an armed school resource officer drop a nut job with a gun here a couple of years ago. Been pretty quiet here since then.
Amazing, isn't it? Nut jobs realize they're not going into a "gun free zone" and the result is not even any copy cat threats.

What ever you do, don't let the liberals in on this or their case for more gun laws goes out the window.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Two yesterday, one bomb threat, one threat to shoot students outside the school. I'd bet on kids looking to extend Christmas break by a couple of days. When they catch them, I hope they get more than after school detention.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep samething here in FL, dumb ass kids making threats, one kid wrote on his school desk he was gonna shoot 15 girls then reported it and finally admitted he wrote it. Got arrested... someone else wrote on a sidewalk that yesterday friday was gonna be a kill day!! edit is wrong with these kids today??? Then there was a couple threats on Facebook, but they haven't found who posted them?? The county I live in they started putting Sheriff Deputies in the schools, but with budget cuts, don't know how long they can keep them posted at the schools...

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Local P.D. used to place defunct police cars in the parking lots of convenience stores in the city in an effort to reduce armed robberies. Only trouble was, the cars never moved for a week or so, had bald tires and expired license plates. The PA state police leave an old cruiser on the side of the highway with a cardboard cutout of a trooper sitting in the car. It doesn't fool the locals, but it's entertaining watching the out-of-towners slamming on their brakes.
It seems, though, that the idea of a police car parked in a school zone would offer a deterrent of some sort.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I've heard of several incidents in surrounding counties where kids posted threats on Twitter or Facebook and their "friends" became alarmed and notified authorities.
In one case the kid had stayed home and posted that he was going to shoot up his high school.
Police went to the house, arrested him, and confiscated unsecured guns and ammo belonging to his father.
Kid said "I was just kidding"... as he was hauled off to jail.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We had one here in Maryland at a local high school. Kid was posting stuff on social media and spreading rumors in school he was going to hurt people and himself. Needless to say he was quickly removed.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The other day a person or persons (not sure if they've been caught yet) took pot shots using bb guns on a couple of school busses in Haverhill MA breaking out windows on the busses.

One bus had elementary students in it, the other high school students.

Of course the local CBS affiliate (WCVB Channel 5 Boston) had to wait until the middle of the airing of a Charlie Brown holiday special to cut in with a "breaking news report".

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
We had a few. Almost always some 14 year old poster boy for acne medicine with a huge chip on his shoulders. One expelled so far. None of the threats ever led to a gun.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Authorities should prosecute these bozos to the full extent of the law.
Set an example for others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts