Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
"The Real Deal"
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering since I modified my ole ladies Wasr 10/63 to have pink stocks, how many of you guys have done the same for your ole lady, and on what type of firearm. Pictures are also welcome. I am not a fan of Pink guns but she bought the rifle, and paint so I figure its her way of making it her's, no different than me changing mine to fit my tastes, and if that gets her to the range more than its a plus. That being said, pink won't be making it on any of my guns. Foliage green, tan, od green, black, urban camo, or plain wood, but thats it!:D Soon as the stocks dry I will be adding a picture of the only pink kalashnikov I have seen.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Just for the record, a lot of us gals that have been shooting for many years wouldn't own a pink gun if you gave it to us. Old traditional me likes wood and steel, thank-you very much. Now, that said, if going pink on a gun is what it takes to get your gal out and shooting, I'm all for it. I'll even buy the can of pink spray paint for you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My ol' lady sports a SP101 4.2" 357 with Hague monogrips. We looked at the pink guns though.:D

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
IF it causes my wife to not mind me buying more gun stuff, I'll paint a AK Hot Pink - just like my wife :D

How am I doing honey????

·
Registered
845 Posts
my wife and daughter gag at the sight of pink rifles and handguns...
Neither are fond of black rifles either.
They like to see the nice wooden stocks on the old Garands / Carbines, and bolty 22's, and wooden grips on the wheel guns.
They don't like the "modern Semi-auto pistols" I have, I only have a few 1911's !

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I do not mind a gun stock in any color. But I do worry about publicity if a child thinks a pink or other color gun stocked firearm and thinks it is a toy. I know all about keeping guns safe etc but accidents do happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife has a Bersa t380cc that she made me put a pink Hogue slip on grip on. But she had the gun and was shooting before she found the grip and made me put it on. She would shoot without it but says it make the gun "hers" now. Who am I to argue with someone that can shoot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My wife does not have A pink gun. But my 4 year old daughter has a pink Cricket .22 rifle.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Pink may actually be a smart color for concealed carry. If your Caucasian, it's a closer skin color match and if you wear pink under garments, well there ya go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My wife's CCW 38 bodyguard kinda has a pink blossom to it about dark thirty ...tends to be more pink closer to the muzzle end than out on the end of the fireball!!

Bear

·
"The Real Deal"
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, originally she didn't like pink on guns either but just recently changed her mind I guess. I am a purist when it comes to guns as well, I like the original look as the were first designed, but I like the versatility of the 1913 rail and the options it provides. I like the newer firearms made with modularity also. I do agree about kids and pink guns where as they might see it as a toy but all my guns are stored in a safe, and its up to us as responsible adults to teach kids the dangers and safe handling of firearms. So I don't have anything against pink guns, I am just happy that she has personalized her own gun and wants to frequent the range more. Matter of fact I actually like the trend of more women getting involved into firearms, I feel it brings a different point of view to the culture that might not otherwise be known. So if that takes painting a few guns pink, gum drop blue, or purple than so be it.;)

You know if i could have found a pink stain than it would have been stained and polyurethaned to a high gloss finish but I couldn't find any. I also wish i could have found polymer pink stocks already made for the AK but the only ones I have seen were IO AK's and you had to buy the gun with them already installed.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pink may actually be a smart color for concealed carry. If your Caucasian, it's a closer skin color match and if you wear pink under garments, well there ya go.
:D I couldn't help but laugh...

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I call her my old lady, I will have a pink eyee.

I am thinkimg of painting my 9mm AR pink for her and my daughter after my 300 BLK gets built.

She really wants a pink gun. And one with a silencer should be bada$$ pink!

·
"The Real Deal"
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I call her my old lady, I will have a pink eyee.

I am thinkimg of painting my 9mm AR pink for her and my daughter after my 300 BLK gets built.

She really wants a pink gun. And one with a silencer should be bada$$ pink!
I agree, I have found that AR gear in pink is easy to find, I even found a 1919A4 like the one I own that had been painted pink, pin striped and had a chrome skull head on the charging handle, no way my browning is gonna be painted anything but original military park. Let me see if i can find a picture of it..

·
"The Real Deal"
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is the one I have seen...its pink but it has attitude....

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
That's just too wrong!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
If I gave my wife a pink gun there would be mention of in the news the next day. " And in the news today, a man was found beaten to death. Apparently the weapon was a pink gun."

1 - 20 of 70 Posts